PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Auto rotate - stuck in Landscape (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70457)

patel33 06-02-2009 05:48 PM

Auto rotate - stuck in Landscape

My Sprint TP automatically goes to landscape upon reset... even putting it back in portrait thru settings is a temporary fix. Searched the forum but did not come up with an answer... the problem just cropped up after 7-8 months of use... but i have flashed juicys rom lately, but i dont think that is the actual issue since i have been using them for a while..... any way to disable landscape????? i have insurance but id rather hold off on that unless necessary...

intrlude 06-02-2009 06:37 PM

Re: Auto rotate - stuck in Landscape

It may be the screen switch which is faulty. Take it to a repair center, since you have the insurance.

patel33 06-02-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intrlude (Post 950961)
It may be the screen switch which is faulty. Take it to a repair center, since you have the insurance.

thats my next option... anybody know a registry edit or something that can keep the phone in portrait or disable landscape??

psycho_maniac 06-03-2009 12:51 AM

maybe try a hard reset or flash to a different rom.

nannay12 06-03-2009 03:11 AM

you could always try Gyrator 2, or Flip it. 2 programs which enable the "flipping" of the screen with the help of the accelerometer. search the settings within. if you keep gyrator 2 running then i dont think you will have to even change any settings. should flip the home screen to be straight again, and lists will be either landscape or portrait depending on how you are holding your phone.
Hope that works, i think that it should although
GOOD LUCK!

dwizzy130 06-03-2009 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patel33 (Post 950973)
thats my next option... anybody know a registry edit or something that can keep the phone in portrait or disable landscape??

If you go to \HKCU\Software\HTC\HTCSensor\GSensor\ in the registry, you ill find a key named AutoRotation, Change it's value to 0 and then softreset.That will stop it from autorotating. Also, try to recalibrate your accelerometer by going to settings\system\gsensor.

dwizzy130

patel33 06-03-2009 10:26 AM

update: pretty sure its not a rom thing....
the registry edit was already there as i had disable the accelerometer

i installed gyrator2 which has almost fixed the problem

the screen rotates as it should now, but when it come alive from a power off it automatically switches to landscape, same thing happens on a soft reset.... after a few seconds gyrator2 kicks in and fixes it but i found it a little funny that it automatically does this on a power on

any comments on what could be wrong??? ...seems the accelerometer is functioning because it rotates, but the phone just wants to start in landscape

_Allan_ 06-03-2009 11:48 AM

sounds like your phone is going through "teenage" stage of life - always wanting to be horizontal instead of vertical hehe ... try a hard reset or use the insurance.

As mentioned above, it sounds like the sensor on the slide may be broken.

psycho_maniac 06-04-2009 01:25 AM

just go in and get a new one. i wouldnt deal with this problem for more than a day without getting a different one.

Glitch4583 06-11-2009 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nannay12 (Post 951864)
you could always try Gyrator 2, or Flip it. 2 programs which enable the "flipping" of the screen with the help of the accelerometer. search the settings within. if you keep gyrator 2 running then i dont think you will have to even change any settings. should flip the home screen to be straight again, and lists will be either landscape or portrait depending on how you are holding your phone.
Hope that works, i think that it should although
GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for this. I just bought a TP from somebody here on the forum and what do ya know? It does this too! Will use Gyrator 2 until the TP 2 comes out since I can't get insurance on a used phone. *grumble grumble*

- Glitch