PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 01:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?
Carrier: Sprint

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude
Need help with incoming wake up!

Good morning people!

My apologies, I tend to try not to open threads.

I am currently running Mighty4 (Build 6/1/09). But have suffered this on all ROMs (which I have flashed to). When my TP goes to sleep, on an incoming call it awakens, but does not display the incoming caller i.d. My little brother's stock Sprint ROM does this without any complications. Have I somehow, changed a setting which may be preventing this. Did not post in mighty's thread for his ROM, as this has been happening to me with every ROM which I flash to.

Thank you very much for any input/help that can be provided. In the meantime I will turn all notifications on, as I have turned most of my notifications off. Only my incoming calls ring in any way.

Last edited by intrlude; 06-04-2009 at 12:32 AM. Reason: corrected some spelling.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude
Re: Need help with incoming wake up!

Update. Turning on all notifications did not
resolve my issue. Could there be a registry tweak
for this? Much like how, msg sent notification,
can be turned off. Everyone else's works fine?

List of cabs installed:
Audiopara
FlashBundle
Flash3.1
SprintTVFix
Glass clock
Advance config
DiamondTweak
Internet Sharing Fix
Netflix
Mobile Remote
NFL
Nascar
Facebook
Network Folder
OZ IM
PockeTwit
PHM
Scrabble
Skyfire
Slick
sMMS
Torchbutton
TCPMP
SprintTV
SoftwareStore
Arcsoft
TotalCommander
Old 06-04-2009, 02:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO F&F

Mattheyu is keeping up the good workMattheyu is keeping up the good work

Well, I hate to repeat the advice everyone seems to give, but I'd suggest a hard reset, and then slowly adds your apps in one by one to see which one causes it. With that many apps, it could be any of them.

I'll look around and see if any of those have issues though, and if I find one similar to yours, I'll let you know. Good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattheyu View Post
Well, I hate to repeat the advice everyone seems to give, but I'd suggest a hard reset, and then slowly adds your apps in one by one to see which one causes it. With that many apps, it could be any of them.

I'll look around and see if any of those have issues though, and if I find one similar to yours, I'll let you know. Good luck.
I always forget that individual apps may come with
their own quirks. Will do. No one else seemed to
have this issue and the cabs are the most common
ones most people use. Hard resetting now. Update
to follow. Will try incoming with no additional
apps loaded first.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Status update.

I went ahead and hard reset my device. Placed it on vibrate. Put it in "sleep mode"
by pressing the Power/Off button. Called phone, phone wakes up, caller i.d. is shown w/
slide to answer/ignore screen.

Next thing done is setting up my owner's info. Within that setting (Start\Settings\Personal\Owner Information\Options) selected (checked boxes) for both
Identification information and Notes. With both checked off, Slide to answer/ignore screen does not come up. However, unchecking Identification information and leaving Notes checked gave better results (i.e. caller i.d. functioned/slide to answer/ignore screen is displayed).

My kid brother's phone (stock ROM) gives a popup when both items are checked off. While awake his gives the old (stock ROM) answer and ingnore (seperate buttons per function) screen.

Would there be a way to integrate the popup he, my kid brother, gets onto the custom ROMs? By way of say a registry tweak. I have include a pic (a blurry pic, mind you) of the popup notification which my brother receives on the stock ROM, when the afore mentioned (both) check boxes are checked off.

My apologies for the long windedness of this post/thread, it is really irking (me) not having the popup! When I check off both boxes, it displays just the information I provided in the settings sans popup. Can't tell who is calling unless answered or miss it/call history and call
back.

Again, any input would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 200906040342_001.jpg (514.5 KB, 58 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Status update.

Temporary solution is to not check off the Identification notification box in Owner Info. If any of my fellow ppcgeek'ers would be obliged to help out. No matter what ROM your
running, in the Owner Information section of settings type any character in then go to the options tab and check off the Identification box, exit to the home screen, place your phone in sleep mode (press power button briefly) and call your phone. Let me know your results. Specify Carrier/ROM/Radio (I doubt the radio affects the issue, I updated all my buddies' phones, they still get the popup?)

Reinstalled all the cabs which I use, all are functional. Will look further into the details
and differences between the stock and custom ROMs.

Have also emailed. HTC for any assistance which the may be able to provide.
They may not want to, as I am using the device not as it was "intended".

Again, thanks for any assistance!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro