PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   I have the Alltel one. Can I switch to the Verizon one? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70371)

Singer_Actor 06-01-2009 05:28 PM

I have the Alltel one. Can I switch to the Verizon one?

Okay, so my keyboard broke again. Had the touch pro for 2 months. This is the second TP that Iv had, and I just ordered a replacement. Well, I played with the Verizon one while at the store. I like it more. It much more sturdy than my Alltel one. It looks sleeker to me as well. I also like the landscape mode. And is it me, or is a lot more touch sensitive?!
All I know is that I want that one, mainly because it is more sensitive than my Alltel one, which has a pretty bad touch screen in my opinion. My last two phones arent sensitive at all. You have to use your finger nail because a finger tap is not good enough. I dont like it.
ANy Help??

banzaiwolfe 06-01-2009 07:44 PM

Re: I have the Alltel one. Can I switch to the Verizon one?

The Verizon version is gimped, I'd stay away from it.

Singer_Actor 06-01-2009 08:14 PM

its so much more sensitive, landscape tf3d, and i like the look

aarondeep 06-01-2009 08:27 PM

Verizon version has 128mb or RAM vs 256mb. You will be hard pressed to find users here that would recommend less ram. I do think the verizon version does look sleeker tho. It's totally up to you to ask for a verizon replacement.

Rourke Swift 06-01-2009 08:34 PM

Aside from simple aesthetics, there is no reason to pick up a Verizon branded TP over any other TP... but hey, if square edges and gimped RAM are your thing... :D

Remember too: things like touch sensitivity and landscape themes can all be modified to your liking, regardless of carrier.

Darkjedi 06-01-2009 10:18 PM

most people try to get other services phones to try and work on verizon because verizon's version is so retarded.

8notime 06-01-2009 10:23 PM

Get another Alltel replacement & pop a Might ROM on there. You'll never look back.

Singer_Actor 06-02-2009 08:37 AM

can someone help make mh
y screen better then? because im going with alltel one.
im also very afraid to change roms. wont it void my warranty?

Noir 06-02-2009 09:49 AM

trust me when I say this
everyone is right and don't make the black fool you. The colors bleed on the vzw version in comparison to the sprint/alltel versions
the keyboard is bigger on vzw yes, but it doesn't mean its better by a long shot
If I were you I would flash a rom immediately. But if you are pressed to literally want a verizon touch pro, I would trade mine (with extended battery) for your alltel one. But the keyboard has to work
That said, flash a rom. Unlock the phone and take a jump into bliss

yearn 06-02-2009 09:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
try this out to improve your screen sensitivity.
Make sure after it installs to wait a few minutes then soft reset to see the changes