PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRo
Carrier: Alltel

dyskinesia is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Big Ugly "e" Help!

OK, woke up this morning to a big ugly E where my 1x and Ev icons normally stay on my task bar. when i am in a call i get either 1x or Ev but other times it shows big E.

I am on alltel with prl 30035. someone suggested it is rev-a and the custom taskbar icons don't have an icon for rev-a and that's why it defaults to E.

I am using the tsowentaskbar3v1.4032209.cab and mighty rom on wm 6.1

any clues. i'd really love to get rid of the ugly E.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond 6950 | 6800 - Retired
Carrier: ALLTEL

th3m3 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to th3m3 Send a message via Yahoo to th3m3
Re: Big Ugly "e" Help!

That indicates your on evdo rev a network not just evdo

HTC Touch PRO ( Alltel 6850) - Current
| HTC Diamond (Alltel MP6950AL) - Gone | HTC Titan (Alltel AX6800) - Retired

If I Have Helped You Please Hit "Thanks"

Old 06-02-2009, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kayfouroh is keeping up the good workkayfouroh is keeping up the good work

Any way to tell if I'm on Rev A on Sprint? I'm using StarROM 2.0m
Old 06-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyskinesia View Post
OK, woke up this morning to a big ugly E where my 1x and Ev icons normally stay on my task bar. when i am in a call i get either 1x or Ev but other times it shows big E.

I am on alltel with prl 30035. someone suggested it is rev-a and the custom taskbar icons don't have an icon for rev-a and that's why it defaults to E.

I am using the tsowentaskbar3v1.4032209.cab and mighty rom on wm 6.1

any clues. i'd really love to get rid of the ugly E.
Yes, you're definitely in RevA and yes, as you said yourself, you're getting a "E" because you're using tsowentaskbar3v1 and it does not include an icon for RevA.

There are a couple of ways to fix this:

One - go to his custom taskbar thread here and read all you can, learning which .dlls to edit and how fix the problem.

Two - Search that same thread for "tapres.192.dll" and see if you can find any modified versions with an rA icon.

Three - use Total Commander to extract your tapres.192.dll from your /Windows folder, and upload it here in this thread. I will put an rA icon into it for you and reupload.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRo
Threadstarter

dyskinesia is becoming a great contributor

thanks, found it and downloaded the elite 6 version and then the rev-a icon that he linked and it updated me AND fixed it

Thanks everyone

Shawn
Old 06-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rourke Swift View Post
Yes, you're definitely in RevA and yes, as you said yourself, you're getting a "E" because you're using tsowentaskbar3v1 and it does not include an icon for RevA.

There are a couple of ways to fix this:

One - go to his custom taskbar thread here and read all you can, learning which .dlls to edit and how fix the problem.

Two - Search that same thread for "tapres.192.dll" and see if you can find any modified versions with an rA icon.

Three - use Total Commander to extract your tapres.192.dll from your /Windows folder, and upload it here in this thread. I will put an rA icon into it for you and reupload.
Step 3 does not work as it is a signed file and you will not be able to extract it with Total Commander. Use REsco Explorer instead and that will work.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
Step 3 does not work as it is a signed file and you will not be able to extract it with Total Commander. Use REsco Explorer instead and that will work.
Ah, of course I could be wrong but if he's using Tsowen 3v1 he should be able to extract it just fine with TC. The only time I've ran into that issue is with the stock taskbar; with custom ones I've installed, the tapres has never given me grief.

Still, that's no excuse not to have Resco as an alternative for those situations.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro