PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro.
Carrier: Sprint

Rento_VW is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
On my 5th Touch Pro and this one is is just... Horrible.

So yeah... I got my 5th Touch Pro replacement yesterday... Sales rep walked out from the back with a tiny Touch Pro box... I said, "That's either a new Touch Pro box, with absolutely nothing; A brand new "core" handset; or a ****ty Refurb...."

Sure enough, it's the ****ty refurb...

So Sales rep takes it out of the box... I see this ugly *** yellow tape(still on it actually) covering the power and volume buttons...

So he turns it on, does that boot up thingy, aligns the screen... and hands it to me.... No clue why... Soo I grab it, I instantly notice the battery cover is bubbled on both sides where they clip to the handset toward the top 1/3 portion and there's a gap going from there to the bottom of the phone... ookay... So he fails at putting on a battery cover. Thanks.

So I quickly go to fix that before the battery bends or something...

What the **** is that.. there's a black dust covering the inside of the battery cover like a lipoly up inside of it at one point... Nice... OH AND HEY!! Surprise! Battery doesn't even seat in the battery compartment flat, it keeps popping out. So awesome! So I push on it, it springs back up... Ask the sales rep... ummm something is messed with the battery...

He asks for the battery cover, I put it on the table... He looks at it... and is like.... "What happened to the inside...." It was like that dude... He pulls the battery out and hands it to the repair dude in the back... And I hear him lol, "What the **** is with the battery, why is it doing that???"

So... One min later turns around with the phone... And he's like, "Yeah, it should be fine..........." He takes my other battery cover and is like, which one do you want? And i'm like, "I'll take both..."

So I'm holding the phone again and he tells me the run down of stuff, as usual... and we part...

So I'm outside of the store with my friends staring at this already displeasing phone and I turn it on...Whilst doing so I notice the gap between the screen and keyboard when closed... has a freakin 1mm gap on the opened side... What the hell... So my phone is like a talking shoe... Just awesome...

At this point i'm like goddamnit... whatever. 5 mins pass and the phone doesn't even boot up p***** the TOUCH PRO and the red diagnostics at the bottom...

My buddy takes the phone and does like a hard reset on it.... So that got it to work... thankfully... Because the store was closing as we left.

Sooo... Yeah.

I got a cosmetically defective phone...

It gets ****tier once the phone is on because programs keep crashing with error reports back to back...

I go into the device info to see it's build date...

My last phone was an awesome February build that ran near perfect sans a bit of lag and the dead keyboard after 2 months....

Well this one is a first gen ROM with a November 11th build date... holy ****, you've got to be kidding me. I was hoping they burnt these suckers a long time ago...

So... I decide to just load up my SPB Backup and recover my last handset... So the programs and processes are somewhat stable now... Thanks god... Every time I would boot it up yesterday, I would get like 5 crash reports...

I also noticed on the exploded battery cover that it said 3.0MP and no HTC logo... It was weird... and it was obviously a respray as the golden color was thick and had a much different gummy feeling compared to the usual gummy feeling of my last 4 phones... Thank god I kept my last battery cover...

So yeah... This replacement is pretty much a POS... I'll give a week before the screen falls off... Which I forgot to mention has a weird silver border that doesn't really match the hardware buttons...

Oh well... Keyboard works though...
Old 06-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: On my 5th Touch Pro and this one is is just... Horrible.

You should have not walked out of the store with this device if it is that much of an issue...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Didn't notice it would such a piece once I walked out... The cosmetics were the beginning to fail...
Old 06-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

Why does every 1 seem to think people want to listen to them b*tch... If you dont like the phone get a different one.. Simplest solution in the world... Yet people make it so damn hard to compromise and think griping is going to magically fix there problem I guess.. Hmm maybe its my low crybaby tolernce or some thing.. guess thats why the wife left me long ago cause I wouldn't listen to her grip either lol
Old 06-01-2009, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I dunno... But the BBB might be getting a call if I don't get an actual phone that works how it was designed to.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

CheezWiz is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouMayLose View Post
Why does every 1 seem to think people want to listen to them b*tch... If you dont like the phone get a different one.. Simplest solution in the world... Yet people make it so damn hard to compromise and think griping is going to magically fix there problem I guess.. Hmm maybe its my low crybaby tolernce or some thing.. guess thats why the wife left me long ago cause I wouldn't listen to her grip either lol
I think most people make this kind of post as a way to let off steam but also get some feedback on whether their own actions were right, wrong, or just plain stupid. At least that is usually my reason...

I got to say I would have told them to shove that phone back up that nasty A** they pulled it out of...
Running: Latest Stock VZW ROM for the working Voice Command (PagePool@8MB)
What I would be running if VC worked: MightyROM 4/R3BORN 06/01/09
Radio: Latest VZW Stock (Will likely switch to 1.07.06F)
Locker: Pocket Shield
Want an easy and free way to share files privately on any OS?
https://www.getdropbox.com/referrals/NTEwOTAwMDI5
^^^use my link for an extra 250MB's of space!
Old 06-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

Someone who is on their 5th phone is either A. The unluckiest sap in the world. B. The pickiest jerk in the world who will never be happy. C. a phone abuser. D. The customer I always HATED to see walk in the door (when I worked retail) because they brought back EVERY effing thing they would ever purchase and just had some lame excuse as to why...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Try calling Asurion or Sprint Technical Support... Sometimes you can resolve the situation that way... I know it may be difficult due to the circumstances at hand, but try to stay calm, collected and be smart... Getting into a screaming match will not work, although it may be a way to reduce stress.... Explain the situation.. Have them check the account.. You should be able to get this resolved.. If all else fails, ask to talk to the supervisor..
Old 06-01-2009, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I guess i'm A.... The phone either crashes repeatedly, of the keyboard breaks... I don't understand why the keyboard breaks other than the heat and the band under the spacebar.... I barely do an avg of 3XXX txts a month... And I don't button smash or anything...
Old 06-01-2009, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero

Zombie Scott is becoming a great contributor

I think after 5 bads phones, it is just not meant to be. Seriously, how do you have that much patience?

How do you find your build date anyway? Our phones have a ROM date of 9/08/2008. Is that the same thing?

Knocking on wood, no problems yet...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro