PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 02:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

furrycnorm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to furrycnorm
Is this possible?

I am wondering if there is a way to connect a computer monitor, keyboard, and possibly a mouse to my touch pro and view the display from the touch pro on the computer monitor. I know there are external keyboards for ppcs but I want to use the ones I already have. Is this possible?
Old 06-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Is this possible?

there was a device driver that supposedly you could install on your PPC to enable a bluetooth mouse to be used. Bluetooth keyboards are theoretically capable of being connected to the PPC, but i'm not sure if that requires extra drivers or not. As for the display, the TP is already capable of outputting in a composite format that TVs and some fancier monitors can support.

If your keyboard is USB then it's doubtful that you can connect it to the TP, the USB in the TP does not support host functions to my knowledge, so it's incapable of having devices connected to it and be able to communicate with it, except for a PC.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jimfun is just getting started

I've not tried to hook up a monitor, keyboard, and mouse directly to the TP. I'm not sure how that would work.

As an alternative, have you tried My Mobiler? It connects (via USB ActiveSync) to your computer and allows you to see the phone screen on your monitor, and to use your keyboard, mouse, etc.

Go to:
http://www.mymobiler.com/release.aspx
for details, including FAQ and manuals. It's a free program, and I use it often to deal with things on my phone while I'm sitting at my desk.

Good luck!
Old 06-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

orionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i was just wondering this myself lol got on here and saw this didnt even have to do a search lol. thanks ive heard of my mobiler but couldnt remember the name so i was gonna search ill try it out and if i actually remember i will give a review on how well it does or doesnt work!!!

HTC Mogul>HTC Touch>HTC TP>HTC Snap>Palm Pre>HTC TP2(PUKE)>HTC Hero>HTC Evo
htc... is it in ur blood?
Old 06-01-2009, 07:36 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

furrycnorm is a n00b

Thanks for the info, I might try that. The reason I am wanting to use the original mouse/keyboard/ and monitor is so I can use it at work and not look like I am using my ppc, but I do not want to hook it up to the computer. I was going to use one of those switches ypu can hook up 2 pcs to one kboard, mouse, and monitor. Anyone know of some way to do that?
Old 06-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

+1 for MyMobiler, sounds like exactly what you need!

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 06-01-2009, 08:25 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

furrycnorm is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
+1 for MyMobiler, sounds like exactly what you need!
Unless I misread I think mymobler requires your ppc to be connected to a pc. I want to be able to connect to the keyboard, mouse, and monitor without a pc.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:30 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

you would need a newer monitor (ie lcd) that has composite in. and bluetooth keboard & mouse.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero

Zombie Scott is becoming a great contributor

+1 My Mobiler
Old 06-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by furrycnorm View Post
Unless I misread I think mymobler requires your ppc to be connected to a pc. I want to be able to connect to the keyboard, mouse, and monitor without a pc.
I don't think what you want has actually been done before. You will probably spend less buying a Redfly, or a netbook than trying to make this work.
http://www.celiocorp.com/

Nokia6110 - RazrV3 -LG8700 ------TP1 ---Imagio -- Tbolt - RazrMaxx
----MotoV710 -LG8600 - XV8600 ------TP2 ----DroidX - Gnex -RazrMaxxHD
(Palm T5, VZW-Xoom,VZW Xyboard)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro