PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 09:42 PM
afx
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

afx is keeping up the good workafx is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How do YOU go about making a custom rom

Ive been putting together a custom rom the past few weeks and was just wondering how you guys go about doing it. Personally I scour XDA and PPC for what people tend to like in roms

Old 06-01-2009, 12:23 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah
Re: How do YOU go about making a custom rom

dont do what you think people want...do what you want to do..if rom builders did exactly as people wanted, there would be no difference in roms...i made mine like i wanted it, and to offer a change from the everyday normal stuff...its the little things that set a rom apart, not what apps you have, because people will say that you need this app, delete that....it will never be exactly right, cuz stuff updates and changes daily.

there are some things that are almost "mandatory" to have a good rom, but just make a rom you wanna make, and go from there...you will never please everybody, so trying is just a fruitless effort...make what you want and go from there.....good luck with your rom..

Help Me Help You
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:40 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Good luck afx... And as pir said above... It's all about uniqueness and customizations... Some ROM's are built for speed and are as clean and barren as can be, while others tend to be more focused on looking good and aesthetics.. Even others are feature laden and heavily customized with special scripts.. It is all up to you to decide.. Do what makes you happy and if others like it, so be it.. If they don't, don't get discouraged.. There is so much going on in the ROM building world that a creative and custom build is what is so cool..
Old 06-01-2009, 01:02 AM
afx
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Threadstarter

afx is keeping up the good workafx is keeping up the good work

what programs do you guys use to compile?
Old 06-01-2009, 02:10 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

what do you mean when you say compile?

if your talking about oems, then there is an oemizer,or evirus has a cab to oem app that works great. you need a kitchen first....then you go from there...im just learning this myself...there isnt a lot to it (as far as things you can really do), but it takes a while to get the settings right....

ive only built and released one rom...but cant tell you the number of times i tried a build and couldnt get the phone to boot, or things were screwed up and made the phone almost unusable..causing me to panic for fear that i bricked it (highly unlikely but still a concern)....it sucks sometimes, but its a journey...

just start small, getting your programs together and seeing if your combo will work...thats what i did to start...gives you a good base...then you can do the tweaks, like reg edits, sounds etc...
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro