PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 09:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Question Getting Alot Of CProg.exe Errors

I just hard reset my phone a couple days ago so its like starting all over again and im noticing out of no where im getting alot of these errors sometimes is there anyway to fix this or trace whats causing this error?? what causes this error? its frustrating because like i said im basically fresh off of a hard reset
Old 06-01-2009, 09:58 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker
Re: Getting Alot Of CProg.exe Errors

Sounds like you may have to hard reset again, you was at a full charge last time?
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 06-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
im basically fresh off of a hard reset
Can you define "basically"?

Edit: edited slightly for clarity. How far from a hard reset state are you - what programs installed?
Old 06-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

I found this possible fix if you wanna try it, but not sure,

The solution is very simple, but it is not documented!!! cprog.exe is located in \Windows folder on your device. Create another application, with the same name "cprog.exe" (eVC or NETCF - simply "Hello world" for example) and put it in the root folder "\". Make a soft reset of your device and the system will run your new executable"\cprog.exe" instead of "\Windows\cprog.exe". This works on MDA3 (WM2003SE). If you want to remove your cprg.exe is necessary to hard reset the device.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 06-01-2009, 11:39 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
Can you define "basically"?

Edit: edited slightly for clarity. How far from a hard reset state are you - what programs installed?
basically meaning like 1 or 2 days off of a hard reset

i only had the usual stuff installed....netframework, winrar pocketpc, advance config, youtube, palringo, manilla customizer, diamond config and microsoft myphone backup
Old 06-01-2009, 11:48 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

is net3.5 installed?
Old 06-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

nanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i have found that this is caused when restoring a PIM Backup database, did you restore your stuff before the error started coming up?

if so backup with a different program and hard reset
Old 06-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

give this a try.. place those two file (attached file) into your mobile Windows folder.
Attached Files
File Type: zip phonecanvas fix.zip (418.4 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

That's a lot of stuff - which is why I asked. Basic troubleshooting would involve hard resetting, then installing one thing at a time and running for awhile to see if you can reproduce the error. Eventually you'll find the culprit. In general it's not the number of days since hard reset that matters, it's what you've installed on the device or storage card.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:03 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoware View Post
i have found that this is caused when restoring a PIM Backup database, did you restore your stuff before the error started coming up?

if so backup with a different program and hard reset
i think it was the pim file that i was using that was giving me that error thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro