PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP, TP2, Motorola Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

pjohnnylost is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MerdinH- Black Keyboard Version 1.1

Well I just installed this cab and in bricked my phone, whats the deal with this! Am I going to have to do a hard reset?
Old 06-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohnnylost View Post
Well I just installed this cab and in bricked my phone, whats the deal with this! Am I going to have to do a hard reset?
If your phone wont boot, then yes you will have to reset it.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohnnylost View Post
read post 13

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: Verizon

jrodizzkool01 is keeping up the good workjrodizzkool01 is keeping up the good work
Question Help!!

Whenever I install this keyboard (after cab install and soft reset), the default sip is the full qwerty (which works fine) but I cant change it!! I pressed the triangle towards the bottom middle of the screen that changes the keyboard and nothing happens. I even go into Settings/Input and try to change it from there and it still stays on full qwerty. I really want to use the phone keyboard and cant figure out a way to fix this. By the way, the same thing has happened on 4 different roms i have tried (combination of 6.1 and 6.5)
Old 07-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrodizzkool01 View Post
Whenever I install this keyboard (after cab install and soft reset), the default sip is the full qwerty (which works fine) but I cant change it!! I pressed the triangle towards the bottom middle of the screen that changes the keyboard and nothing happens. I even go into Settings/Input and try to change it from there and it still stays on full qwerty. I really want to use the phone keyboard and cant figure out a way to fix this. By the way, the same thing has happened on 4 different roms i have tried (combination of 6.1 and 6.5)
It depends on what keyboard you have on there before you installed mine, if you installed another keyboard before mine, then remove that keyboard, and reinstall mine back on there.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

silverD16y71996 is just getting started

no problems here running stock rom, installed then did a soft reset, works fine, compact keyboard is a little stretched though, but i dont care cause i dont use it.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: A bad MoPho...

Boaz65 is becoming a great contributor

I LOVE the look of this keyboard but I'm a little hesitant to install it on my phone. I flashed my first rom (mightyrom 4.16) and feel this black KB looks great with the black theme currently on my phone but all this talk of bricking and needing to hard reset concerns me. I did manage to keep a copy of all cabs installed after my flash in a folder on my desktop as my form of back up. I learned that lesson after my first flash LOL!!!!
Old 07-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boaz65 View Post
I LOVE the look of this keyboard but I'm a little hesitant to install it on my phone. I flashed my first rom (mightyrom 4.16) and feel this black KB looks great with the black theme currently on my phone but all this talk of bricking and needing to hard reset concerns me. I did manage to keep a copy of all cabs installed after my flash in a folder on my desktop as my form of back up. I learned that lesson after my first flash LOL!!!!
What i always suggest is just Restart your phone before you install the keyboard, and you should have no problem then.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: A bad MoPho...

Boaz65 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
What i always suggest is just Restart your phone before you install the keyboard, and you should have no problem then.
Did like you said, works like you said, thanks! Although, I only have one option, the full qwerty board option, which is what I use.(button has been hit!)

Last edited by Boaz65; 07-08-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint :(

daze2143 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to daze2143

i think having the text box be black and the letters white would look killer is the a way to make this happen?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro