PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 07:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 20th Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brokestudent12 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Trouble Tethering PAM to Mac OSX - BT drops after 10sec in Internet Sharing

Ok well I'm trying to use tethering by either USB or BT in Internet Sharing and I'm on Sprint.
I have the registry hack, tethering works fine on any PC, I'm having trouble tethering to my Mac running OSX 10.5.6.

Yes, WMWifimodem works and so does USB Modem but they are both pay programs and I don't want to pay for something when Internet SHaring should be working, and I would like to get IS working for tethering to my Macbook.

When I connect IS PAM through BT my connection drops every 5-15sec.

Has anyone successfully connected their HTC TP to OSX w/o the use of WMWFM or USBM?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Trouble Tethering PAM to Mac OSX - BT drops after 10sec in Internet Sharing

Also just a weird occurrence that's happened about 8 or 9 times -

Running WMWifiRouter to my Mac, the next day or so (8 or 9 times) Internet Sharing and tethering completely stopped working for both my PC and Mac and I would have to CLEAR STORAGE to get tethering back working, not sure why that was happening maybe it's happened to someone else.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ttt..
Old 06-01-2009, 06:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (XV6875)
Carrier: Verizon

llea1 is just getting started

ive had the same problem however i found that if you use both the Mac and the phone after restarting (soft reset the phone) both the dropping happens with much less frequency. Hope it helps.

a week ago i was on a road trip from atlanta to san diego and i had the same problem until i reset both abd was able to keep the same connection for an hour on the road(!)

and yes i was able to get it to work by just connecting it via bluetooth with no extra software or hacks. Just hit connect to network and VIOLA!

let me know how it goes for you

Last edited by llea1; 06-01-2009 at 06:43 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You may want to try a different ROM. I had that problem once. Even Hard rest the phone, and still had it. Tried a different ROM, and it worked fine.

On my mac, I prefer the USB Modem program on my TP. It is worth buying. Your computer connects directly to the internet, so it isn't going through the nat on your computer, and it is faster.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

marchande is just getting started

Ive had this problem before, rebooting the phone helped me a lot, but.. honestly, bluetooth teathering on a mac is sooo freakign slow, I use wmwifirouter and have been extremly pleased with its speed and performance.. but thats just my personal experiance.. I know you can teather with bluetoot, but experiance for me has been flaky... spotty.. and extremly slow, I beleve bt works at 4mb but things might have changed since the last bt revision.

a few problems when trying to do teathering with a mac... one.. its a mac (I can say this.. I own a mac and love it) yes it can be done, depending on the time you have and your supply of goats for sacrificial offerings. so far the bluetooth is the only way to teather a windows mobile phone to a mac using internet connection sharing. there are a few pay solutions out there that work well, but I havent tried anything other than wmwifirouter wich is worht the price (yea.. I know the bait and switch tactic that was used to get people adicted but its business its still a good product) so I cant speak much for usbmodem, or how well it will work on a mac.... part of the joys of owning and loving a mac, winmo phones dont play nearly as nicely with it as they do with windows.

here is something you can try to get the bt teather on the mac..
1. do a clean fresh install on the phone..

2. do your registry hacks.

3. activate internet connection sharing on the phone, pair with your macbook

4. after pairing and getting connected, if your still having problems with it staying connected, then think about going to a custom rom, on a clean install of the phone it *should* work with no problems,

as for a wired or connected mode to do this, I havent found one yet, part of the problem is that the mac just doesnt have the drivers for the RNDIS hardware of the phone, ive had luck in the past getting that to work under unbuntu but my search to get it working under mac has not found anything working.... yet... but what I have been searching on shows that USBModem is kinda the magic button for that and at 20.00 is a steal for the amout of hedach this problem is for mac users...

just my 2 cents on this...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks everyone, much appreciated.

I guess I probably won't have any choice but to break down and buy wmwfr
Old 06-03-2009, 01:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache,Titan,Treo 700w,750w,800w,TP,Fuze,TP2,Hero
Carrier: Sprint / AT&T

relux is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to relux

I have no problem connecting my macbook using the dial-up networking bluetooth profile. I am using the latest mightyrom. Granted this isnt using the itnernet sharing..

I paired the phone. It found DUN as a profile. I then went and added a new network interface in preferences. Choose dial-up networking. Choose the sprint profile and #777 as the number. Turn the data connection off on the phone so your computer can dialup. Works great. No problems being dropped here.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (XV6875)
Carrier: Verizon

llea1 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by relux View Post
I have no problem connecting my macbook using the dial-up networking bluetooth profile. I am using the latest mightyrom. Granted this isnt using the itnernet sharing..

I paired the phone. It found DUN as a profile. I then went and added a new network interface in preferences. Choose dial-up networking. Choose the sprint profile and #777 as the number. Turn the data connection off on the phone so your computer can dialup. Works great. No problems being dropped here.
I used to use KK's Loaded Rom but it was too inconsistent with BLuetooth DUN, so i switched to MIGHTY MIKES rom i haven/t had a problem using any of mighty's roms either. Try out his stable R3BORN ROM here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67139

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro