PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Rc/starting To Hate My Touch Pro>> (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70216)

WAH 05-30-2009 10:42 PM

Rc/starting To Hate My Touch Pro>>

my phone has been actin a fool something ugly the past coupla days.
i was actually considering switching over to the htc touch instead.
battery life sucks balls.
little things here and there are driving me nuts.
just downloaded the psyki rom.if this dosent make things better,im smashing the phone and going back to the days of beeper/payphone.

ByTeMe 05-30-2009 10:45 PM

Re: Rc/starting To Hate My Touch Pro>>

Keep trying random ROMs. Try some 6.1s and some 6.5s. I'm sure you will find something that suits you. The batter life does suck balls, perhaps get a battery from ebay or something as a backup.

WAH 05-30-2009 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ByTeMe (Post 945569)
Keep trying random ROMs. Try some 6.1s and some 6.5s. I'm sure you will find something that suits you. The batter life does suck balls, perhaps get a battery from ebay or something as a backup.

youd think that with the amount of money we spent on this contraption,that youd actually be able to use it for a ****ing day or so without inconveniencing yourself or anyone else,or having to buy another battery.
wtf

strra 05-30-2009 11:04 PM

i'm using MR5 with usc1.07.06f radio and i can go more than a day with medium use and around 3 days of light use ... maybe try that and see how it treats you

mlin 05-31-2009 12:23 AM

I'm on Juicy 7 and using the Telus Radio (1.04). I can usually get a day and a half with moderate use. I uncheck the auto adjust lighting option and set the lighting to 1 or 2 below the midline, which seems to help with battery life. I hope you get something worked out. I love the TP, its a little bulky, but other than that it treats me well. Good luck.

kabuk1 05-31-2009 03:04 AM

i felt much the same as you do when i first got my TP. im now running mightyrom reborn + the telus radio & im now very happy. i still dont get the battery life of my old mogul, but i now get at least double what i used to. i really recommend mightymike's roms, ive had reborn for about a month now & its very stable & quick. mightymike's are the only custom roms ive ever used for more than 2 days, if that tells you anything!

jmorton10 05-31-2009 03:40 AM

I thought the battery like in these things was totally unacceptable until just recently. I actually have four spare seidio 1500 batteries & always carry a spare with me. That is on top of charging in a car bracket & sticking it in a charge cradle everytime I am near my desk at work.

That has all changed since I flashed to Merdin's latest 6.5 ROM. I don't know what the heck he did to increase the battery life but whatever it is it sure did work. I have not had to swap to a spare battery once since I have been running this ROM & I use to switch all the time.

~John

No1ustad 05-31-2009 05:15 AM

Try no2chems UNDERclocker. it works.

Giovanny 05-31-2009 08:35 AM

I've been using MIGHTY ROM 5 and so far I don't have any issues. My battery life is a lot longer compare to a stock ROM. This ROM is fast and reliable. It doesn't freeze. You can try different other ROMs and see which one best suits your needs. I hope this helps.

heydjbobby74 05-31-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kabuk1 (Post 945865)
i felt much the same as you do when i first got my TP. im now running mightyrom reborn + the telus radio & im now very happy. i still dont get the battery life of my old mogul, but i now get at least double what i used to. i really recommend mightymike's roms, ive had reborn for about a month now & its very stable & quick. mightymike's are the only custom roms ive ever used for more than 2 days, if that tells you anything!

Yeah I tested out a few ROM's and the only one I have kept for more than 2 days is the Mighty ROM5. It is a little sexier than 4R3born in my opinion, and it is lightning fast for me!

One thing I did notice though, was when I used Lil Rico apps for the Mighty Rom, no matter which MR I was using, my device ran a bit slower, and was a bit laggy, but I dropped the apps and now it is very fast!

My battery life is fine. I have my back lights adjusted to 100%, but I have my emails push every 30minutes to keep it from using too much battery power! Give that a try?