PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Rom with great battery? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70211)

Oxymoron238 05-30-2009 09:33 PM

Rom with great battery?

I know that there are a lot of good roms out there, and the best one depends on what you are looking for in a rom...

...but what I'm looking for is batter life. AWESOME battery life. Some say that a rom flash won't drastically increase battery life, and some say that it will (for those who don't, try Juggalo's rom).

Does anyone know of a 6.5 rom that is EXCELLENT with battery life? It doesn't have to be the fastest as well; it just has to have good battery life.

Any suggestions? A rom or a kitchen will work. A kitchen is preferred, though, but a rom is completely acceptable.

trmitche2 05-31-2009 02:54 PM

Re: Rom with great battery?

I have tried all the 6.5 ROMS, and IMO, Merdin's 6.5 ROM has *the* best battery life of any ROM I've ever seen, 6.5 or otherwise. Try it out - I think you'll agree. I haven't charged my phone in 3 days, and it's still at 40%. I use the crap out of it too.

mlin 05-31-2009 02:58 PM

I did not use Merdihn's ROM long enough to analyze battery life. There were a few things I did not like about it and flashed back to my ROM of coice (Juicy 7). However, I have heard from many people that battery life on Merdihn's ROM is better then most. Give it a shot and let us know your results.

Beejis 05-31-2009 03:00 PM

I rocked Silence's version of his 6.5 and I liked it compared to others but I'm not that big of a fan of 6.5 so I'm sticking with his newest 6.1.

jmorton10 05-31-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trmitche2 (Post 946371)
I have tried all the 6.5 ROMS, and IMO, Merdin's 6.5 ROM has *the* best battery life of any ROM I've ever seen, 6.5 or otherwise. .

I agree 100%. I flashed to that ROM a couple weeks ago & I can't believe how much it increased my battery life (+ I absolutely LOVE the ROM).

I had pretty much decided that battery life just sucked & there was nothing you could do about it. I have four extra seidio 1500 batteries & carry a fully charged one with me at all times.

I have not used a spare once since flashing to merdin's 6.5 which is REALLY hard for me to believe.

I have a spare TP which is not activated at this time. I flashed that one to merdin also. I booted it up yesterday morning around 7 AM with the stock battery & then just let it go into standby to see how long it would last. It ran all day yesterday, all night & is still running now. I just turned it on to see where it's at & the battery is at 70%. Granted, that's not much of a test as it hasn't really been doing anything (although I do have WiFi on & weather panel is running in a 2nd today screen) but it's still pretty darn good.

~John

jmorton10 05-31-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlin (Post 946378)
I did not use Merdihn's ROM long enough to analyze battery life. There were a few things I did not like about it .

I'm curious what you didn't like??

~John

southphillysean 05-31-2009 03:12 PM

everyone has their own reasons for flashing roms. some like them loaded and dont really care about the battery life. i am not one of those people i need a rom with the best battery life it can get. so i use either JUICY7 or MIGHTYROM5, and PSYKI V3. these three are tops for battery life IMO.

Blitzed26 05-31-2009 03:13 PM

The three best battery life ROM's IMO are Silence, Merdinh, and NFSFAN (XDA). I am using NFSFAN right now and love it!

southphillysean 05-31-2009 03:25 PM

Like i said everyone will say something different.

try them all. thats what i did :) on the second link below there are links to serveral ROMS. give them all a try.

jmorton10 05-31-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southphillysean (Post 946398)
i need a rom with the best battery life it can get. so i use either JUICY7 or MIGHTYROM5, and PSYKI V3. these three are tops for battery life IMO.

I can say that at least in my system, merdin's 6.5 is giving me quite noticeably better battery life than MightyROM5 did (that is what I was running previously)

~John