PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?
Carrier: Sprint

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude
Re: Rom with great battery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
LOL, I did the same thing.

I have had a TP Sprint TP activated on Verizon since the early part of November. I absolutely loved the thing except for the god awful battery life....

I now have four 1500 seidio batteries (I have two TP's), a ProClip that charges in my truck & two charging cradles (one on my kitchen table & another on my desk at work).

If this ROM had been available 7 months ago I could have saved some bucks. Since I flashed to Merdin's 6.5 I have yet to swap the battery during the day at work & I don't stick it in the cradle every time I get anywhere near my desk anymore...........(& battery life is not even the reason I tried the ROM)

~John
Wow, that's a lot of chargers to have lying around! Which may make it habit forming to place in the charger in the 1st place. ROMs to help with the battery issue, as they clean up
some of the garbage. It would also help to let the battery refresh. For example, the battery shows half life, you set on the charger, the battery shows 75%, you set it on the charger. Every once in a while let your battery drain completely and charge to full without interruption. I have never had great issues with the battery. I use my phone to some extent as much as most of you. Email, surfing, texting, phone calls here and there, picture msging and all the sort. My phone handles it just fine. The "Talk Time" given in the specs, however are b.s. I've never made past it about 2 hours of talk. Remember this is a PPC/PDA > phone.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cchris81 is keeping up the good workcchris81 is keeping up the good work

The latest juicy rom significantly increased battery life. I can make it through a normal day no problem. Involves, 5-10 calls, about 100 texts, music through bluetooth, and web surfing. I must note, the Tachi dialer released (which is tempting becuase the people tab buttons work for TF3D2) but it kills the battery.
Note: this dialer is not included with the rom though, must be installed as a cab.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmitche2 View Post
I have tried all the 6.5 ROMS, and IMO, Merdin's 6.5 ROM has *the* best battery life of any ROM I've ever seen, 6.5 or otherwise. Try it out - I think you'll agree. I haven't charged my phone in 3 days, and it's still at 40%. I use the crap out of it too.
Thanks for the info about Merdin's ROM. I flashed it over a week ago and have great battery life now. With heavy usage (checking email every 5 minutes, around 10 to 15 minutes web browsing per hour) I can get over 8 hours. Never got close to that with the stock ROM. You have been "thanked".
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro