PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 04:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Rom with great battery?

Wow, that's a lot of votes for Merdinh's rom. I'm gonna try his rom out right now.

Thanks you guys for all of your help!
Old 06-03-2009, 09:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Okay, I'm back with my results. You guys were absolutely right about Merdinh's rom. Finally, after spending over 160 bucks on batteries and emergency chargers, I found a rom that makes my phone last all day.

To make things better, there's absolutely no lag in the whole OS! This rom is the perfect match of battery power and speed.

Thanks so much guys!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid

entwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

which merdinh rom? for 6.1 from 5/15 or 6.5 from 5/17?
Old 06-03-2009, 11:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

It's the 6.5 one.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

imakshar is a n00b

Can you please post the link to the site from where you got the ROM and instruction to flash it. I am on mightyrom 4.16 currently and happy with it but I would love to get better battery performance.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: your face
Carrier: yourface.com

dethcom4 is a n00b

How much of a difference are people seeing in battery life compared to Juicy? His battery life was always decent. Juggalo's rom was amazing though in regard to battery life. Juggalo also had that sweet landscape going in tf3d.

I love Juggalo's rom, but I too want to move to 6.5 too cause it responds better to finger touch.

I've been using Calk's kitchen, and even doing the common battery tweaks like the poll interval and the ones in Diamond Tweak/Advanced Config, my power never compares to Juggalo.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: your face
Carrier: yourface.com

dethcom4 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by imakshar View Post
Can you please post the link to the site from where you got the ROM and instruction to flash it. I am on mightyrom 4.16 currently and happy with it but I would love to get better battery performance.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...hlight=merdinh
Old 06-04-2009, 08:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 View Post
You guys were absolutely right about Merdinh's rom. Finally, after spending over 160 bucks on batteries and emergency chargers, I found a rom that makes my phone last all day.
LOL, I did the same thing.

I have had a TP Sprint TP activated on Verizon since the early part of November. I absolutely loved the thing except for the god awful battery life....

I now have four 1500 seidio batteries (I have two TP's), a ProClip that charges in my truck & two charging cradles (one on my kitchen table & another on my desk at work).

If this ROM had been available 7 months ago I could have saved some bucks. Since I flashed to Merdin's 6.5 I have yet to swap the battery during the day at work & I don't stick it in the cradle every time I get anywhere near my desk anymore...........(& battery life is not even the reason I tried the ROM)

~John
Old 06-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

471405 is a n00b

Silence has a very good 6.5 rom. I've never tried Merdin's.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

I am happy with the 5-24 MightyROM (WM6.5).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro