PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 07:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: -
Carrier: -

bigb is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone a H710 bluetooth and Touch Pro have problems?

Here is my issue.

I got a Touch Pro a few months back, I have two issues with it.

First one is when I am on a call every so often (sometimes its an hour or two in the call, other times a few min) the bluetooth stops working and drops my headset. I will get no audio on the headset or the handset for about 5 seconds. Than the audio will switch to the phone itself and I can hear the call. Than after a few more seconds the bluetooth icon will show like I turned my headset off and on, meaning it showed the disconnected/connected icon and than I can switch the audio back to my headset.

I have a Motorola H710 headset.
I thought it was the headset so I have exchanged it for a new one.
Same issue.

I know its not the phone software because I have flashed both the radio and the rom to many different ones and they all seem to do it.

My question I guess is does anyone have this same phone and headset and have problems also? Just not sure if maybe they have a compatability issue or if its indeed my phone?

I question it being my phone because I also have this second issue which I cant seem to find anyone else with.

When I type text messages sometimes, my phone will freeze for about 2-3 seconds. This happens at random and only seems to happen in texting. I dont use the hardware keyboard, just the screen ones, but it has done it to the hardware one sometimes when I wanted to test it also.

Again it will freeze for a few seconds and than continue like nothing happened. Its not the keyboard lagging behind from me texting to fast or anything because I dont have a problem with lag, just the dumb freeze every so often.

I have not seen this issue any other time other than when in text. So I have that and my bluetooth issue.

Any ideas?

I really hate to exchange the phone with sprint because I will get a refurb and it wont come with the screen protector or anything and I dont think I should have to go buy one.

I do have the insurance/warranty $7/month with sprint but these problems are some random it would be a pain playing with a store...
Old 05-31-2009, 10:39 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Re: Anyone a H710 bluetooth and Touch Pro have problems?

bump....

Anyone?
Old 05-31-2009, 02:29 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
Here is my issue.

I got a Touch Pro a few months back, I have two issues with it.

First one is when I am on a call every so often (sometimes its an hour or two in the call, other times a few min) the bluetooth stops working and drops my headset. I will get no audio on the headset or the handset for about 5 seconds. Than the audio will switch to the phone itself and I can hear the call. Than after a few more seconds the bluetooth icon will show like I turned my headset off and on, meaning it showed the disconnected/connected icon and than I can switch the audio back to my headset.

I have a Motorola H710 headset.
I thought it was the headset so I have exchanged it for a new one.
Same issue.

I know its not the phone software because I have flashed both the radio and the rom to many different ones and they all seem to do it.

My question I guess is does anyone have this same phone and headset and have problems also? Just not sure if maybe they have a compatability issue or if its indeed my phone?

I question it being my phone because I also have this second issue which I cant seem to find anyone else with.

When I type text messages sometimes, my phone will freeze for about 2-3 seconds. This happens at random and only seems to happen in texting. I dont use the hardware keyboard, just the screen ones, but it has done it to the hardware one sometimes when I wanted to test it also.

Again it will freeze for a few seconds and than continue like nothing happened. Its not the keyboard lagging behind from me texting to fast or anything because I dont have a problem with lag, just the dumb freeze every so often.

I have not seen this issue any other time other than when in text. So I have that and my bluetooth issue.

Any ideas?

Yes, I too get the dropped headset from time to time. I have do idea of what the problem cold be, but it seems to happen less if the headset is fully charged.

I just found this on the HTC website, but its for the GSM version. I would not know if it would work for CDMA!

Bluetooth Hot Fix (for HTC Touch)
Dropped calls sometimes occur when Bluetooth is on. If you encountered the same problem, please download this Bluetooth Hot Fix and install it on your device.

Date: 2008-08-05
Category: Hotfix
Download

Last edited by hypeo; 05-31-2009 at 02:33 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pjtwist2002

yea i get same problem sometimes and i have no idea what the problem could be other then the bluetooth but thank you hypeo for the download! i hit ur button love a hit back! lol
Old 05-31-2009, 04:38 PM
Laying low in smoke

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtwist2002 View Post
yea i get same problem sometimes and i have no idea what the problem could be other then the bluetooth but thank you hypeo for the download! i hit ur button love a hit back! lol

I just installed that hotfix on my Sprint Pro and it completed. I guess I'll have to check through out the day to see if I drop any more calls of the handset!
Old 06-01-2009, 12:33 AM
Laying low in smoke

I tested that hot fix today and no luck, I still keep dropping calls with my Motorola H710,

Anyone else have any other ideas?
Old 06-01-2009, 12:40 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

honestly, it's not the device's fault, it's the h710. i bought this new from the sprint store and i've had it paired to 4 different phones. the vogue, moto i880, tp, and bb 8350i. it disconnects from all of them.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

balfredg is a n00b

it's the headset... same problem and the fix didn't help
Old 06-01-2009, 08:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work

yea its the headset. I started the exact same thread a couple of months ago and everyone came to the same conclusion. Its a shame because i really like the earpierce.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:55 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
honestly, it's not the device's fault, it's the h710. i bought this new from the sprint store and i've had it paired to 4 different phones. the vogue, moto i880, tp, and bb 8350i. it disconnects from all of them.

I disagree with it being all the headset's fault.

I had my 710 working great with my HTC Touch

Had it for over a year with not one issue. RAN GREAT!

Now the touch pro. Its just a paid.

I figured maybe it was headset because it was almost 2 years old. So I replaced it, and still same thing.

I think its incompatble with this phone or software or something.

BTW I dont think that hotfix is any use when running custom rom.

I have WM6.5 and have issue still.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro