PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 03:00 AM
Lurker

8-pointer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help: Hong Kong Touch Pro in Canada (Cityfone/Roger Wireless)

Cutting it short:
Got the Touch Pro for free from Hong Kong, brand new. Sim unlock (as indicated on HTC distributor website w/ IMEI and S/N confirmation).
Flashed to ROM version: 5.07.832.3 Radio version: 1.11.25.01, all from HTC website.
Using the phone in Canada, service provider is Cityfone (the phone indicates Rogers Wireless). I don't have a 3G plan so I'm using regular GSM network.

Problem: Everything on the phone works EXCEPT the phone function itself. Everytime I make a call or receive a call I can only talk for 5 seconds, then the phone mutes automatically.

Tried setting to GSM only and shutting down HSDPA, it just doesn't help at all.

Can anyone identify the problem for me? I really have no clue since I'm new to this pocket pc tech. If HK 3G phone simply doesn't support GSM network in Canada then I don't even do anything with it. If it's just hardware problem then I'd just send it back to HK for replacement.

Last edited by 8-pointer; 05-30-2009 at 03:01 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 05-30-2009, 06:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?
Carrier: Sprint

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude
Re: Help: Hong Kong Touch Pro in Canada (Cityfone/Roger Wireless)

Does your conversation/call continue? You can hear them (other party), but they can't hear you or does your phone disconnect?
Old 05-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

8-pointer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrlude View Post
Does your conversation/call continue? You can hear them (other party), but they can't hear you or does your phone disconnect?
No, I can't hear them after 5 secs while the phone indicates the connection is still on.

Any clue?
Old 05-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Try asking this question on xda-developers.com they're more of a GSM community...
In the mean time, try a hard reset
Old 05-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude

You just inserted your sim? Is that correct? Have you tried contacting your service provider and did they provide any input? While over at XDA, try getting a hold of another ROM/radio version as the phone is not a true quad-band, it's dependant on the carrier specified for, maybe, the issue is with the frequency your most likely in etc..
Old 05-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

8-pointer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post
Try asking this question on xda-developers.com they're more of a GSM community...
In the mean time, try a hard reset
I did hard reset my phone and it doesn't help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrlude View Post
You just inserted your sim? Is that correct? Have you tried contacting your service provider and did they provide any input? While over at XDA, try getting a hold of another ROM/radio version as the phone is not a true quad-band, it's dependant on the carrier specified for, maybe, the issue is with the frequency your most likely in etc..
I inserted my sim card.
I didn't contact my service provider so it may be a good way to start.

Thus, I just wonder if another ROM/radio is needed (eg: if I need an AT&T Rom/radio), can I safely flash back to the OEM rom? Since my rom is in HK chinese (HK_CHT) and I'm flashing an English ROM...

It may sound dumb but I'm really noob to the pocket pc.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro