PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2009, 12:57 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question PointUI (Home 2) : Faster than TF3D (Updated 6-3-09)

I just came across this myself and wanted others to know about it. I have seen other topics with it but i'm providing what mine looks like so others can actually see. I made a video but because the frame rate is so carpy, it's not very good. Anyhow check these bad boys out!

Click on images for full size!

1. Home Screen. Has time/clock, weather, ability to turn phone off on-screen (via button), blue tooth, wifi, temperature (easily set!), call history, programs, contacts and sms/mail. Theme for pointui is easily changed!

2. Calendar app has various modes

3. Calendar app has various modes

4. Calendar app has various modes

5. One of many applets you can add. This one will give you specified info and a nice static google map of your position when connected to the inet!

6. This is a TF3D style applet that gives you access to your sms/mail. What's really cool about this is the next shot...

7. You can easily view all of the txt's at 1 time in a flowing screen! So, instead of having to wait for the sms' to load one at a time, it's all there and you just flow right through.

Important to note this is not the built in messaging applet, point ui has it's own as well!

8. Menu to change options with ez access to winmo settings, similar to the new SPB MS3.

9. Settings for customise... I change from here on out to non-full screen.

10. You can see the difference in the title bar...

11. Call history is also smooth flowing. I deleted my contacts though for privacy

12. The application button which is always static

13. The all apps button - smooth flowing!

14. The contacts button which is always static

15. The quick launch button is the blue button at the bottom of the screen. It is always static and can be programed with anything! So you can launch software, contacts or ?????

16. The built in mesasging system for pointui. It's similar to winmo's version, just one big mess but still nicer looking than winmo's

17. Finally, the screen where you add or remove any/all applets. Once you "install" (usually just copy files to home2/folder) you can find the applets here.

Overall, i find this the fastest UI on the TP. It definitely beats MS3 in speed and TF3D/Chome/Rhodium.

You can't tell from the video but it's extremely smooth and fast. Rarely hiccups and is stable. I've been running it for the past few days now.

As far as themes/skins go you copy the files or install via cab and then under theme in customize just select the theme you'd like, it's very easy to change themes!

Download the cheezy video here:

Some more info:

I've been running the classic winmo home for a while. Here is a ss of my setup:

Although at first i was like wtf???????? I found applets that work for me and help replace the SPB stuff. The best part is the applets are free! Only home2 costs 20 bucks so that's not bad at all.

Of course this is running on a siley rom so it's blazing fast.

To run pointui, you just install and select it under start->settings->today-> items and just check pointui and uncheck everything else! It's that easy to put on and take off, no reboot necessary once installed. The best part is that there are no tweeks needed to get it working as is.

The applets are still starting out but soon enough they'll be bad arse. Some are cabbed up and ez to install. Others you have to copy the files to directories which are specified in the instructions. But it's a lot easier than most of the stuff we do with other UIs.

As far as the applets i'm running they are as follow:
Setting up the install/base weather in home/tasks and world clock proved too difficult to get right with my location and fahrenheit so i just removed them all together.

Pointui's website also has a forum with plenty of community support.

Feel free to ask any questions or head on over to

There are a few roms on here with PointUI cooked in, check out silentjoker's Sceptre Rom here

Added more screen shots here:

B18. Different theme, but kept previous theme's BG. Notice the signal and battery meters at the bottom.

B19. Just installed this applet, it's the connections manager with additional features!

B20. SS of system panel (integrated)

B21. SS of system panel (integrated)

Screen shots of another excellent clean theme in post #43

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!

Last edited by GhettoBSD; 06-03-2009 at 11:47 AM.
This post has been thanked 14 times.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:23 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: PointUI : Faster than TF3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoBSD View Post
I just came across this myself and wanted others to know about it. I have seen other topics with it but i'm providing what mine looks like so others can actually see. I made a video but because the frame rate is so carpy, it's not very good. Anyhow check these bad boys out!

Click on images for full size!

1. Home Screen. Has time/clock, weather, ability to turn phone off on-screen (via button), blue tooth, wifi, temperature (easily set!), call history, programs, contacts and sms/mail. Theme for pointui is easily changed!

2. Calendar app has various modes

3. Calendar app has various modes

4. Calendar app has various modes

5. One of many applets you can add. This one will give you specified info and a nice static google map of your position when connected to the inet!

6. This is a TF3D style applet that gives you access to your sms/mail. What's really cool about this is the next shot...

7. You can easily view all of the txt's at 1 time in a flowing screen! So, instead of having to wait for the sms' to load one at a time, it's all there and you just flow right through.

Important to note this is not the built in messaging applet, point ui has it's own as well!

8. Menu to change options with ez access to winmo settings, similar to the new SPB MS3.

9. Settings for customise... I change from here on out to non-full screen.

10. You can see the difference in the title bar...

11. Call history is also smooth flowing. I deleted my contacts though for privacy

12. The application button which is always static

13. The all apps button - smooth flowing!

14. The contacts button which is always static

15. The quick launch button is the blue button at the bottom of the screen. It is always static and can be programed with anything! So you can launch software, contacts or ?????

16. The built in mesasging system for pointui. It's similar to winmo's version, just one big mess but still nicer looking than winmo's

17. Finally, the screen where you add or remove any/all applets. Once you "install" (usually just copy files to home2/folder) you can find the applets here.

Overall, i find this the fastest UI on the TP. It definitely beats MS3 in speed and TF3D/Chome/Rhodium.

You can't tell from the video but it's extremely smooth and fast. Rarely hiccups and is stable. I've been running it for the past few days now.

As far as themes/skins go you copy the files or install via cab and then under theme in customize just select the theme you'd like, it's very easy to change themes!

Download the cheezy video here:

Some more info:

I've been running the classic winmo home for a while. Here is a ss of my setup:

Although at first i was like wtf???????? I found applets that work for me and help replace the SPB stuff. The best part is the applets are free! Only home2 costs 20 bucks so that's not bad at all.

Of course this is running on a siley rom so it's blazing fast.

To run pointui, you just install and select it under start->settings->today-> items and just check pointui and uncheck everything else! It's that easy to put on and take off, no reboot necessary once installed. The best part is that there are no tweeks needed to get it working as is.

The applets are still starting out but soon enough they'll be bad arse. Some are cabbed up and ez to install. Others you have to copy the files to directories which are specified in the instructions. But it's a lot easier than most of the stuff we do with other UIs.

As far as the applets i'm running they are as follow:

Calendar program: Zenyee - PointUI Calendar 2.0 RC WVGA
Theme: Fabliv My Blue Heaven PointUI Theme
TF3D like messaging: Messaging v4 0
my "home" screen: infiniti v2.3 VGA & infiniti v2.3.2 VGA patch

Setting up the install/base weather in home/tasks and world clock proved too difficult to get right with my location and fahrenheit so i just removed them all together.

Pointui's website also has a forum with plenty of community support.

Feel free to ask any questions or head on over to

There are a few roms on here with PointUI cooked in, check out silentjoker's Sceptre Rom here
Wow, i wasn't aware that pointui was capable of all that. Are you running the pro version?
Old 05-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep

more pics of suracha?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Threadstarter

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

Yes i am running the pro, and no, no pictures of surachina!

Not only can it do this but much more, and that's just the base install WITHOUT applets! I am very impressed. I truly believe that MS3 should have been THIS and not what it is. I don't comprehend why we have to hack everything to get a different clock or more space for launching/apps. This is awesome!

I am thinking about taking more shots and video of the other base apps that come with it... but i don't really use them so they aren't set up for much.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:59 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoBSD View Post
Yes i am running the pro, and no, no pictures of surachina!

Not only can it do this but much more, and that's just the base install WITHOUT applets! I am very impressed. I truly believe that MS3 should have been THIS and not what it is. I don't comprehend why we have to hack everything to get a different clock or more space for launching/apps. This is awesome!

I am thinking about taking more shots and video of the other base apps that come with it... but i don't really use them so they aren't set up for much.
You've officially sold me. Installing PointUI again...
Old 05-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Threadstarter

great!

just so everyone else knows, the home2 software is free, you can use it with it's full functionality for as long as you please.

the "pro" version is what costs $20 bucks and gives you extra options and added customization.

I know if we get more interest here we can get some crazy stuff happening! even a dual pointui/tf3d or whatever.

I also saw they're working on a manila ribbon so you can have the pointui with a manila ribbon in it! is that cool or what?
Old 05-29-2009, 07:37 PM
afx
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

afx is keeping up the good workafx is keeping up the good work
Re: PointUI (Home 2) : Faster than TF3D

I tried pointui for a while and hated it, maybe ill grab the pro version.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:46 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by afx View Post
I tried pointui for a while and hated it, maybe ill grab the pro version.
What was it that you didn't like and what version did you try?

Apparently the earlier versions had somethings that didn't work out quite right. But some of them will be back as options in an update (such as small/tiny home buttons)
Old 05-29-2009, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

fsp48 is keeping up the good workfsp48 is keeping up the good work

It's about time PointUI gets in the spotlight. After the wow factor of all the bells and whistles of SPBMS3 I soon became lost in it's icon rotating babel and redundancy. Maybe MS3 can be customized with some time and effort...the novelty wore off before I tried. I guess you can just call me lazy, I prefer "effort challenged" but PointUI Pro is worth the just under 20 bucks price. It's fast, easy to navigate on the move, can be themed and have applets pretty easily if you want. I actually bought a copy for myself and my brother. A friend stopped by and was thinking he wanted an Iphone instead of his TP because of the slow touchflo and soso stock rom...until he saw ours running Merdin's latest G5 ROM with PointUI. Flashed it for him and he orderd a copy for himself and has never been happier with his TP. Overall the UI is fast, ergonomic, simple and looks good as well. What more could anyone want?

Last edited by fsp48; 05-29-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:15 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I luv u man....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro