PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 01:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bigsexyy81 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PointUI (Home 2) : Faster than TF3D (Updated 6-3-09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
Wow your Point UI is running fast compared to mine. I am running the Sense theme. Seems like there is always a delay when i hit buttons.

That looks killer, but delay is no good. Hmmm.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsexyy81 View Post
Infinty looks sweet, but I'm having some issues. If you've found a way to get these workin let me know!
1. Weather won't work. I've copied the 'World>Cities' file over and it doesn't give me anything to choose from the menu. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.
2. Battery icon in the digital globe?
3. Signal icon in the digital globe? Can't get it to work!

Thanks!
If it's not working for you, I suggest you re-read the install instructions carefully again. The reason is the last i knew (before any pending updates) is that it was like a 2 part install. First you install the original files, then you patch them.

Keep in mind everyone that once you have your "set up" in place. you don't have to "start over" everytime you flash your phone, you just literally copy all the files in the home2/applets directory and paste them back in after your flash (and install of pointui home2) and that's it!

give it a try as the instructions aren't always easy to get the first time around.

gl

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 08-31-2009, 12:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: BB Tour
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

cassith is keeping up the good workcassith is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I really have mixed emotions about this app, I am using the Pro version & bouncing back & forth between this & merdin's custom Rhodium TF3D2.

Each app has its advantages & disadvantages & I am having a terrible time trying to just stick with one or the other (although that's not exactly a bad problem to have)

I find speed-wise they are dead equal as merdin's setup is lightning fast so it loses nothing there to PointUI. I definitely like some of Rhodium's features a little better than PointUI, but the simplicity & speed/smooth operation of PointUI is pretty appealing also.

I used MobileShell 3.0 for a while also, but got bored with it pretty quickly. When I first installed it, I thought the spinning cube was totally awesome but I quickly realized that I never really used the cube for anything & it's one of those "cool features" you show other people but never actually use for anything.........

~John
I agree w/most of this. Although, it might just be my particular setup w/Merdin's rom, but PointUI is a little bit faster. But I do experience a lot more freeze-ups using PointUI. Another thing, when I choose a wallpaper it's not centered ?
Old 08-31-2009, 12:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Storm -> HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

probuild521 is a n00b

is the download not working for anyone else?
Old 08-31-2009, 09:22 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassith View Post
I agree w/most of this. Although, it might just be my particular setup w/Merdin's rom, but PointUI is a little bit faster. But I do experience a lot more freeze-ups using PointUI. Another thing, when I choose a wallpaper it's not centered ?
That's one reason I stopped using PointUI...b/c the wallpaper doesn't get centered/resized to fit like it does in Titanium or Manila.

But I still install it whenever I flash

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro