PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 06:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TheDude1120 is keeping up the good workTheDude1120 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Which 6.5 rom freezes the least?

I am using the latest build of the star rom and nothing but freezes since i flashed, you guys know of a more stable rom with less freezes u can recommend?

Last edited by TheDude1120; 05-28-2009 at 06:59 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:58 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: Which 6.5 freezes the least?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude1120 View Post
I am using the latest build of the star rom and nothing but freezes since i flashed, you guys know of a more stable rom with less freezes u can recommend?
check out my rom. Its the 21232 build which i havent had problems with
make sure you hard reset after you flash to make sure there isnt any bugs.
Also im going to be releasing a beta 21725 build rom tomorrow. Its the best build yet!
Old 05-28-2009, 07:24 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rose1
Re: Which 6.5 rom freezes the least?

I'm using calkulins and it has never froze. Been using it for quite a while now.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

MojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuff

I agree with Rose, Calk's kitchen was pretty good, and never froze on me. I am currently using lllBoredlll's kitchen, which is also working quite well for me with no problems.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

XxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on rep

NFSFAN and Energy and Mighty 5 and Juicy 7 and Silence you can't go wrong with I love all off those SSK makes a stable build too he is a huge underdog I don't know why people aren't all over his roms. I actually remember him having the first 6.5 rom.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Cobaltikus is keeping up the good workCobaltikus is keeping up the good workCobaltikus is keeping up the good work

I know jakdillard's roms aren't the latest build yet I've tried all the above and his latest has been the most stable for me.

And not trying to dis Juicy, cause Juicy is awesome (and has a great avatar) but I've been on Juicy's latest rom for the past couple days and it "froze" on me a couple times - had to stylus reset this morning. It didn't really freeze completely, I could do certain things sluggishly, but I couldn't access the phone, not even with Voice Command or the call button, and Opera decides to kill itself out of the blue constantly, and... sorry it was probably just this one build - I've had successful experiences with older Juicy roms.

I prefer jakdillard's - just waiting for him to release the latest OS build.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:49 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

@ Op... In truth, the answer to your question can really only be answered by you, after answering these questions:

What apps/games do you have installed?
What is the most important feature of the phone are you looking for (reception, Internet speeds, video drivers, etc.)?
What carrier are you on (still with Sprint?)?
If you are still with Sprint, do you want to have the Sprint apps installed and working?
Do you plan on using Titanium (Windows Default) or a flavor of TF3D (Manila)?

I personally try to load a few different roms and try them for a few days each. Ultimately I end up going back to the same one or two, bouncing between them. My point is that everyone is looking for something different in a rom and that only you are going to know what you need to have installed and what you are looking for in a rom.

If you have the time and patience, I would recommend that you try a couple of different roms and find the right one for you and your needs. Let each rom run on your TP for a day or two (minimum) and keep track of what you did and did not like about each.

I have run SSK's, JD's and I am now running Bored's roms (all built through the available kitchen for each). Each had at least one thing that I did not like but all ran smoothly and without freezing or other issues. And the things that I don't like are usually cosmetic and things that I can change myself using this forum.

I guess, in the end, I am just simply saying try a few roms out and decide which one works best for you. Good luck.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

dB's No Manila ROM rarely if ever freezes.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

VenumX is keeping up the good workVenumX is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to VenumX Send a message via MSN to VenumX Send a message via Yahoo to VenumX

I have starrom 2.0 and it has never froze on me, I know that's what you said you have but ive had it for almost a week now and hasnt froze once on me. I've gone through at least 10 other 6.5 roms and they all have froze on me or have conflicts between different programs, this one hasn't had one issue with battery, speed or freezing
Old 05-28-2009, 12:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

merdin's latest 6.5 is awesome for me, hasn't frozen up yet......

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro