PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 01:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!
Carrier: Sprint

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74
Fastest ROM

Any opinions as to what the fastest ROM out there is? I have been flashing through a few ROM this past week to see which one I would prefer. So far the only thing I have seen is they all seem to be about the same speed I guess, some have different features then others, I love the Mighty ROM, but wish I could customize the TABS like in Silence ROM. Just wanted to see opinions on the fastest ROM, as of now, I am sticking to the Mighty ROM!

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 05-28-2009, 01:49 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Fastest ROM

I wonder if its possible to flash a WM5 ROM on a TP, hahah, see how fast that goes.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

aurrun is a n00b

The fastest seem to be one of the silence roms and the unofficial DCDrom.

EDIT: Found the thread I was looking for. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=benchmark here are some benchmarks for the top ROMs.

Last edited by aurrun; 05-28-2009 at 02:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Psyki v3 was pretty blazing fast too, IIRC. I've run so many ROMs lately I can't keep track - should have kept better notes. I do remember trying one that just seemed to *fly* even more than the others, I thought it was Psyki v3.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint tp2
Carrier: sprint

only1penny is a n00b

starrom 2.0 gets my endorsment
Old 05-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro & Touch

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

+1 for DCD new rom
Old 05-28-2009, 02:59 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

In my opinion your running the best ROM. Iv only tried a handfull of TP ROMs though while flashing for other people.

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 05-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

I would imagine the fasted rom would be one that is very basic.. I would only assume the less stuff on it would mean increase in speed..and the downside is as you add the apps you like the more you add the slower it will become.. so all in all guess im saying get just a simple plain nothing added type rom and only install the apps you use and nothing more to keep it as smooth as it can be for you.. for people who use every thing or like lots of apps will just have to deal with the decrease in speed..although even the most loaded roms seem to run very fast on my touch pro..then again its my first windows mobile device so I cant really tell you whats normal whats fast and whats slow lol.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jmy72 Send a message via Yahoo to jmy72

Just remember, Somewhere along the line, you gotta think that Fastest is not always the best. Some that are a lil slower than others are also a hell of alot more stable. Faster is not always better. Sometimes, the faster you go, the faster you crash! (and sometimes, the worse it hurts!)
Old 05-28-2009, 03:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nextelfixer is becoming a great contributor

+1 for Starrom 2.0

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro