PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 10:36 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
restoring text after flash

I just wanted to make sure i did this right to restore my test messages through pimbackup

Flash ROM
Disable threaded text then restart
restore text msgs
Enable threaded text then restart
let text populate

is that correct? I have like 5k text, and i don't want to have to do it over and over again.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro2/Touch Pro/Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Atomic2Mod is keeping up the good workAtomic2Mod is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: restoring text after flash

Just in case no one answers in time about pimbackup (I don't use it), here's a safety net, if your procedure didn't work:
Download MSmyPhone (or Dashwire) and back up your phone there as well.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic2Mod View Post
Download MSmyPhone (or Dashwire) and back up your phone there as well.
+1 on the MSmyPhone (or Dashwire)method, i've read alota times here where people have opted for these methods over ppcpim(i use it, jus for contacts only, tho)
Old 05-28-2009, 11:09 AM
brushrop03

Welllll...i've already flashed lol. My work internet wouldn't let me load the forums and I'm very impatient. I'll just try the method I said before. i think that's right. Still need someone to back me up on that thoughBut next time I will definitely try MSmyPhone/Dashwire
Old 05-28-2009, 12:17 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
Welllll...i've already flashed lol. My work internet wouldn't let me load the forums and I'm very impatient. I'll just try the method I said before. i think that's right. Still need someone to back me up on that thoughBut next time I will definitely try MSmyPhone/Dashwire
The method you stated originally definitely works. It just takes a while. I used to use this method before I got Sprite backup and it worked well, if very slow. The new MightyROM includes MyPhone, which I might start using instead to restore texts. I've already uploaded all my texts onto the database, but I haven't flashed yet to verify if it restores correctly.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:27 PM
brushrop03

Ok that's reassuring thanks Jedi

But let me ask just in case this doesn't work (i'm loading the text now).

If they are all out of order, can I just upload all my text to Myphone, then load them in there and have them in order?
Old 05-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
Ok that's reassuring thanks Jedi

But let me ask just in case this doesn't work (i'm loading the text now).

If they are all out of order, can I just upload all my text to Myphone, then load them in there and have them in order?
I would assume so, but I can't be positive. It seems that MyPhone keeps an entry for each text individually. What Sprite does is it takes your entire messages file and backs it up. This includes all your emails and accounts dealing with pocket outlook. When it restores, it looks like what it would before you flashed. However what PIMBackup does is it saves each text individually, with time stamp, and injects them into the messaging file individually. This takes longer as pocketoutlook then has to sort through the time stamps and map accordingly. If my theory on MyPhone works, then it'll likely be similar to how PIMBackup works, and just take a little while to resort everything.

If the texts don't restore properly, the timestamps should still be intact, leaving the next restore, provided it was inititated properly, capable of being sorted correctly.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:34 PM
brushrop03

Well if the text aren't in order this time i'll try loading them to MyPhone.

I think I have a month's worth of text left, so i'll post an update whenever it finishes
Old 05-28-2009, 02:32 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

You have to turn the phone radio off before doing a pim backup restore...thats the only way restoring text messages will work...

Help Me Help You
Old 05-28-2009, 03:11 PM
brushrop03

I got it. The method I posted work. Just took forever and a day

Why would you have to turn the radio off

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro