PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2009, 02:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

lexrid is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Trying to dial ** won't work...

In order to log into my office voicemail to check messages, I must press "**" after hearing the intro message for an administrator menu. However, the touchscreen keypad will not allow me to type "**". It instead converts the first star into a letter and seems to be locked so that I cannot hit the star a second time. Any advice? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: Trying to dial ** won't work...

1st off, welcome to the battlefield soldier! 2nd, and to answer your question, try using your slide-out keyboard. pressing the green 'fn' button, you can enter **.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?
Carrier: Sprint

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude
Re: Trying to dial ** won't work...

Also, are you running a stock ROM? I am running a custom ROM and know it's an issue with my TP. There has to be an approximate 3 second delay before being able to enter the second asterisk. Nothing in the User's Guide as it pertains to maybe having to do with the dialpad program. Just verified that the Sprint stock ROM also is afflicted by this.

Last edited by intrlude; 05-30-2009 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Adding additional information.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro