PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 05:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nebel777 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to nebel777
HELP....Can't make outgoing emails

I have a Touch Pro, obviously, and I've had it since the beginning of the year. Since about 3-4 weeks ago I haven't been able to send outgoing emails from my yahoo account, but yet I still receive them....I've tried to delete the account from the phone and then re"install" it with my password and everything. Still not able to make outgoing emails.
It says:
"The message(s) could not be sent. Check that you have network coverage and that your account information is correct. Then try sending again."

WELL I've done this and no progress any HELP PLEASE?

Please feel free to email me or PM me because it is kinda hard to refind my post after I post something on here because of the high volume of posts.
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Nebel777@yahoo.com
Old 06-10-2009, 11:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

johnboyinfl is becoming a great contributor
Re: HELP....Can't make outgoing emails

have you installed this fix from microsoft? when i had this problem, it drove me crazy as well. i hope this solves your problem. if so, please say thanks. jc http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...1-KB958639.CAB
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:36 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

install the fix that johnboy provided also to easily find your posts click SEARCH and type your username on the right
Old 06-11-2009, 05:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
install the fix that johnboy provided also to easily find your posts click SEARCH and type your username on the right
...or click the USERCP tab up at the top of the page and you can see your subscribed threads.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:10 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

yeah, the ms fix worked when i had that problem. luckily, i ran into that problem the last day of class, while trying to email a paper to my teacher. i freaked out and ended up at some random person's house, plugging my phone into their computer and emailing it. long story.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:48 AM
Super Senior VIP Member

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
yeah, the ms fix worked when i had that problem. luckily, i ran into that problem the last day of class, while trying to email a paper to my teacher. i freaked out and ended up at some random person's house, plugging my phone into their computer and emailing it. long story.
no you didnt??!!!!....Seriously?????? thats halarious1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-11-2009, 11:49 AM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

I would remove your email address... Just to defend against spammers.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 06-12-2009, 01:53 AM
Super Senior VIP Member

yeah if you ever need to post an email address just do this: fake[at]email[dot]com and say to remove the []'s but people usually know that they are supposed to remove them but ya never know. just to let ya know whoever owns that email is mad at me. whenever i have to register for something that wont send it to my email i use that one
Old 06-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I got this problem on MR5 and the WM hotfix didn't work, I can only assume that the hotfix was meant for 6.1 and doesn't work on 6.5. Anyway I got it to send mail when I selected "NETWORK" instead of "The Internet" in Network Connection under Email setup.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

talon95 is a n00b

The MS fix didn't work for me either. What did work was creating a new account on the phone with a different name. Apparently even if you delete the old one, there is still something left on the phone (files, registery, etc...), so if you delete and recreate with the same name, the problem doesn't always go away.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro