PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Has anyone else encountered an issue with not being able to send picture messages? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69960)

Weapondrift 05-28-2009 01:01 AM

Has anyone else encountered an issue with not being able to send picture messages?

Before anyone says anything, yes I have picture messages included with my plan. :mrgreen: So a couple of days ago I tried to send a picture message for work, however my phone refused to send the message. I can recieve picture messages, however I cannot send them. I first thought this might be a rom issue so i reflashed actually 2 roms and still no dice.

The phone shows that its trying to send the picture message. the "sending message" icon occures at the top of the screen. When I press the icon it says 0% complete. I wait for about 15 - 20 minutes and check the icon again 0% complete. When I am doing this I do have reception and I am not roaming. Any help will be appreciated.

lilbitz_1018 05-28-2009 03:00 AM

Re: Has anyone else encountered an issue with not being able to send picture messages

maybe try uninstalling and installing Arcsoft mms again. what rom are you using and what carrier? try the sprint arcsoft mms and see if it works. it takes about 5 second from i click send for it to be uploaded and sent.

Weapondrift 05-28-2009 04:30 AM

Re: Has anyone else encountered an issue with not being able to send picture messages

Right now I am using the Warrior Rom. When I noticed this error, i actually switched roms to MightyRom4 R3BORN and also G53 rom and tried it again with no luck. 5 seconds is not a bad time but 15 minutes?! :scratch:
Oh, Im on Verizon.

**ok so I dl Arcsoft but thats not working so im gonna try another ROM. Its just weird that ive been on the same plan for 3 years and just now having problems.

legend11 05-28-2009 10:24 AM

Try: in text messenging - menu - pics/video options - srevers - click on the connection (mine is Altell MMSC) - set connect via: to The internet

hope this works, does on mine

piranah 05-28-2009 10:30 AM

when i was on Verizon i had this problem...thats actually one of the hundreds of reasons i switched...(the other being hundreds of benjamins) every issue is different, but the problem i had was with the account itself...

they had blocked picture messaging only, somehow, and that wouldnt allow me to send picture messages. i think that the version of arcsoft you are using makes a difference to, sometimes. like i said, each issue is different..id call V$W first and see what they say.

Weapondrift 05-28-2009 04:30 PM

thank you sir, i will call them and see what i can come up with :)

Flakmunkey 05-28-2009 04:38 PM

something else you might want to consider is, are you having this problem sending to a certain person, or several? if several, are they on the same network (that network not being verizon) and consider their phone. Ive had this issue before and it was because the person I was trying to send to had a phone that was not up to the total awesomeness that is any of our ppc's. because of that, thephone couldnt recognize the format of the picture and the size.... i ended up having to find areformatter somewhere (and i cant remember where) and format the pic to something she could handle...

heydjbobby74 05-28-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flakmunkey (Post 940988)
something else you might want to consider is, are you having this problem sending to a certain person, or several? if several, are they on the same network (that network not being verizon) and consider their phone. Ive had this issue before and it was because the person I was trying to send to had a phone that was not up to the total awesomeness that is any of our ppc's. because of that, thephone couldnt recognize the format of the picture and the size.... i ended up having to find areformatter somewhere (and i cant remember where) and format the pic to something she could handle...

Yes I agree! My wife is still with Verizon as I have moved on to greener pastures (Sprint) and she has the Juke phone. When I try to send her a pic, I have to take the pic as a 1mp rather than the awesomeness (sorry for stealing your word Flak) of the 3.2mp's. So I have to remind her to constantly *228 her stupid phone so it updates...

Good luck with that, I would also try the Arcsoft reinstall?? Best-br

Weapondrift 05-29-2009 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flakmunkey (Post 940988)

Im actually having trouble sending to anyone on my phone. I took a picture of an isopod (insect) the other day and tried sending it to my roommate...came back as not sendable. I then took a picture of my middle finger cause i wanted my phone to see how it made me feel :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 (Post 941107)
Yes I agree! My wife is still with Verizon as I have moved on to greener pastures (Sprint) and she has the Juke phone. When I try to send her a pic, I have to take the pic as a 1mp rather than the awesomeness (sorry for stealing your word Flak) of the 3.2mp's. So I have to remind her to constantly *228 her stupid phone so it updates...

why would the phone even start doing that? "initial programming required"?

Flakmunkey 05-29-2009 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 (Post 941107)

Haha its all good bro! Im just happy that such a word even exists for times when something needs to be discribed as better than the best! Use it proudly and spread the word!:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::head bang: