PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   question about an SD card copy (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69949)

touch-this-pro 05-27-2009 11:00 PM

question about an SD card copy

here is the deal.
I would like to copy all the data from a 4gb microSD into a 16gb microSD card. The problem is that I have installed some programs in the 4gb storage card. Would the programs copy correctly and work properly if I copy the card or should I reinstall all the programs?

I have a sprint HTC touch pro

thanks

Sonin66 05-27-2009 11:04 PM

Re: question about an SD card copy

they should copy over fine. using your computer, either use 2 card readers or copy everything over onto hard drive and then copy to your 16gb card! its that easy

machineking369 05-27-2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by touch-this-pro (Post 939485)
here is the deal.
I would like to copy all the data from a 4gb microSD into a 16gb microSD card. The problem is that I have installed some programs in the 4gb storage card. Would the programs copy correctly and work properly if I copy the card or should I reinstall all the programs?

I have a sprint HTC touch pro

thanks

You could just copy it over if you want too. However if you want the program icons to migrate to the start menu programs, your either going to have to put them there manually or else reinstall. My advice would be to reinstall. It's your choice though.

intrlude 05-27-2009 11:09 PM

+1. Shoudln't have any issues connecting phone as disk drive and copying files over to your hard drive and then moving over to your new microSDHC card.

touch-this-pro 05-27-2009 11:21 PM

oh great this is good news. I will attack it rioght now and let you know of tghe results. thanks for your good responses!

On a related issue, sprint recently released an update for spint navigation. I downloaded and installed the program again on the microSD card, but now I have 2 copies of Spint navigation: one older version installed in the touch pro memory and hte other on the SD card.
Anyway I can unistall the older version on the phone memory?
thanks again.

puff 05-27-2009 11:25 PM

if you can uninstall it, it would be under "remove programs" in system settings ;-)

touch-this-pro 05-28-2009 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff (Post 939549)
if you can uninstall it, it would be under "remove programs" in system settings ;-)

its not there. actually the newer version that i installed on the SD card is also not there

Darkjedi 05-28-2009 12:35 PM

should work, the only problems you would have are programs that rely on a storage cards serial, like some GPS programs.

touch-this-pro 05-28-2009 09:35 PM

oh yes, it worked perfectly.
everything works fine, shortcuts, programs installed on storage card