PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MS 950XL
Carrier: AT&T & Digicel

92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My ROM got jacked! Or something!

I just noticed on my bill atleast 10 $9.99 charges for "Premium Content Services". I called Sprint and they said they all occured within a couple hours on the day of 4/23. Also some more on the date of 3/28. The charges came from whowillimarry and msgme.

She was VERY nice and I had her block my phone from being able to do these types of charges.

I suspect it came from a custom ROM I downloaded from here, it can't be anything else. I do not however think it wise to mention what ROM I suspect it was although I was only running one that whole time. If a moderator wants to PM me, I will snitch though!!!! This is jacked! No one else has access to my phone, at all, to have done this.

Any thoughts?!

EDIT: It was NOT from the MightyROM5 that I am now running!
Audiovox 9000>Moto V60>MotoT720>LG5350>Sam I330>Hit G1000>PPC-6600>PPC-6800>PPC-6850>PPC-T7380>HTC-T7575>HTC-PI86100

Last edited by 92GTA; 05-27-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4G
Carrier: Sprint

chazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via ICQ to chazybaz13 Send a message via MSN to chazybaz13 Send a message via Yahoo to chazybaz13
Re: My ROM got jacked! Or something!

thats kind of scary. Im gonna check my bill too just in case.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular92GTA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

What's even worse is I only saw 1 charge, SHE found the other 11 or so!!!!
Old 05-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude

Those are monthly subscription services charges from 3rd party providers via text messaging and such. Would require that you sign up, of course all one would need is to know your phone number to sign up.

http://whoiwillmarry.com/
http://www.msgme.com/
Old 05-27-2009, 06:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

So anyone I know could have just entered my phone # and screwed me?

Wow.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92GTA View Post
So anyone I know could have just entered my phone # and screwed me?

Wow.
Or anyone just entering random numbers, but since there is more than one charge, someone kept entering your number since it worked.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

i'm gonna go with the "or something"...

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 05-27-2009, 06:34 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Happened to me once. Left my phone by the pool table when I wandered over to the bar for a couple of shots. Silly girls were just checking it out...

Old 05-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003

Yea Im a sprint rep and this happens alot, even when you text back to block these they still subscribe you for these. It's pretty low in my eyes, whoever see's these charges just call or chat in about these charges and tell them to block these charges opt out of all subscriptions and request a refund and last issue a refund. This is not because of someone's rom and someone with a simple phone that cant do anything can still incur these charges.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro on VZW
Carrier: Verizon

bmb2n is becoming a great contributor

Happened to me once out of no where. Verizon customer service told me that the only that could happen is the sign up happen took place through my handset via text messaging. There is no way in the world that I would sign myself up to such service. Therefore, they refused to reimbursed my money and accused me of lieing. WTF. I was end up paying for the the $9.99 charges. It was some kind of love connection that spams your sms everyday.

Last edited by bmb2n; 05-27-2009 at 06:48 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro