PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2009, 12:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: treo 800w
Carrier: sprint

l2yangop is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tried EVERY rom, nothing fixes keyboard lag

I have tried basically every rom listed on this site. No matter what I do, the hardware keyboard lags 2-3 words behind what i actually type. Sometimes it will even skip words. I have tried the reg edits, and the cabs. I have disabled tX9 or whatever that software keyboard is, but nothing helps. Is this just a windows issue? I am so frustrated that i ordered a Palm treo to replace this touch pro. At least i can text with that. I guess this is farewell to the forum, because this phone STINKS!
Old 05-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

XxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Tried EVERY rom, nothing fixes keyboard lag

Your Welcome
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

lol wrong forum to post this.. and sorry your keyboard is lagging so bad.. im not sure if mine lags i rarely use it..with onscreen finger keyboards that are large enough to not need the stylus the hardware keyboard just doesnt seem needed for me...guess i should check and see how bad it is if it is bad at all.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:16 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

l2yangop is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboot View Post
Your Welcome

thanks for those, but i have already tried them. I appreciate your help though!!
Old 05-12-2009, 12:17 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

l2yangop is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouMayLose View Post
lol wrong forum to post this.. and sorry your keyboard is lagging so bad.. im not sure if mine lags i rarely use it..with onscreen finger keyboards that are large enough to not need the stylus the hardware keyboard just doesnt seem needed for me...guess i should check and see how bad it is if it is bad at all.

why not get a diamond then??
Old 05-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2yangop View Post
why not get a diamond then??
lol im with metropcs.. i love to text.. this is my 1st windows phone..i went with the 1 with a keyboard... i have to pay full retail for a phone.. why buy another?
Old 05-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

XxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on rep

hey i will tell you that Juicy's newest has the fastest keyboard yet the battery life wasn't good for me though i love his roms though
Old 05-12-2009, 12:35 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

l2yangop is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboot View Post
hey i will tell you that Juicy's newest has the fastest keyboard yet the battery life wasn't good for me though i love his roms though

are those cabs you attached cooked into his latest roms?
Old 05-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2/treo pro/mogul

miketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good work

Is this reffering to 6.5, bec mightmike's latest on 6.1 does not have the keyboard lag
Old 05-12-2009, 12:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouMayLose View Post
lol im with metropcs.. i love to text.. this is my 1st windows phone..i went with the 1 with a keyboard... i have to pay full retail for a phone.. why buy another?
Quote:
Originally Posted by l2yangop View Post
I have tried basically every rom listed on this site. No matter what I do, the hardware keyboard lags 2-3 words behind what i actually type. Sometimes it will even skip words. I have tried the reg edits, and the cabs. I have disabled tX9 or whatever that software keyboard is, but nothing helps. Is this just a windows issue? I am so frustrated that i ordered a Palm treo to replace this touch pro. At least i can text with that. I guess this is farewell to the forum, because this phone STINKS!

I think you answered your own question....

Slider phones with Keyboard by HTC running Windows mobile have terrible keyboard lag. Period. Thats all there is to say....

Some custom ROM's claim to improve it but I have not seen that yet. Even my own kitchen does.....

Thats why I have a Diamond now. A keyboard on a WinMo slider will surely lead to this fustration.

If you need a keyboard the Diamond is not for you. Look at the Treo Pro. Wife just got it a few weeks ago. No issues with KB lag because screen does not rotate.

Its not actually the KB lagging. Its the display I beleive.

BTW: the phone is simply amazing. It doesnt stink. Windows Mobile Stinks... Badly. Thats why there are custom ROM's.

Either way.... Good luck!

Donations always accepted but never expected!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro