PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 01:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: Verizon

andranic is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How Stable is 6.5

I have tried 6.5 a few times in the past and It has been nothing but problems for me on my Verizon TP. I have used SSK 6.5 roms and was wondering how Stable 6.5 has become and how close to final is it?
Old 05-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose
Re: How Stable is 6.5

well Demolitions 6.5 rom has been running really good for me for the past cpl of days.. give it a try.. of course has a cpl of small bugs but very minor.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:45 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have been using 6.5 for months I wont go back to 6.1 I just cant I am running Merdins ROM now but I keep a copy of Jucys latest around just in case I have issues I know Jucys ROM is stable and fast. Most of the latest 6.5 runs are very stable and fast if you haven't tried is a while I would say give it a shot.

Moved to Main TP Forum
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

andranic is a n00b

I think it was about 2 months ago the last time I tried 6.5. the biggest issues were the battery was horrible and it was very sluggish. AS a verizon user should I stick with ssk or can I try something else
Old 05-25-2009, 02:13 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by andranic View Post
I have tried 6.5 a few times in the past and It has been nothing but problems for me on my Verizon TP. I have used SSK 6.5 roms and was wondering how Stable 6.5 has become and how close to final is it?
6.5 is stable and actually is finally done. ppcgeeks doesn't have a final released version but once they do we will start cooking. The builds we do have a very stable and work great, your problem is that you have a verizon tp. The verizon tp has less ram and actually doesn't have enough ram to fully support 6.5 That is why you ran into problems with your last 6.5 roms.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:17 PM
I have the WIFI's
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint >>>>>

rezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to rezn

6.5 is the way to go...
Old 05-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

to me, stable means that all programs will run on it. So 6.5 is not stable enough for me.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel/VerizOn

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
to me, stable means that all programs will run on it. So 6.5 is not stable enough for me.
ok....6.5 has being pretty stable for me...but I dont know what software you run so for me its good. Battery life for me has been a lot better but obviously when the chef's get the official release..things will get alot better.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: verizon

schollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have been running 6.5 SSK roms for a while now, at least a couple months... I set my PP to 16 I believe on my verizon Gimp Pro. system is stable, responsive, batt life is good, runs everything I want... all in all it made my gimp pro useable again.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Touch Pro / Palm Treo 700w
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

weinberk is becoming a great contributor

A little off topic, but for those of you running 6.5, have you found a way in outlook to display more messages in the message list at once? With 6.1 and earlier, I'd show 12-14 messages on screen (2 lines per message), but with 6.5, while there's still 2 lines per message, there's a ton of extra white space after the subject line for each message. This puts only 6 or so messages on screen.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro