PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!
Carrier: Sprint

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74
Idiots guide to unlocking Touch Pro

Ok new to the forum here guys, so take it easy on me. Yes I know how to search, but cant find anything on easily understanding how to unlock your phone. By the looks of what I am seeing, it looks pretty complicated, plus I dont understand have the stuff people are writing. Is there an Idiots Guide to Unlocking the TP? If not, can one of you kind souls please help? I just want a faster phone... Am I asking too much?

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 05-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Idiots guide to unlocking Touch Pro

did you check here

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC XV6850
Carrier: VZW

n00dle1003 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post
did you check here
Yes, Sir. That is the best guide. Took me 2 months of reading that. I unlocked my TP the first try.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

Quote:
did you check here

Ok so I went there, and did everything, my TP is up and running, but it looks the same, what is the major difference I will see with the new ROM? So Far I cant see a difference...? God I'm stupid
Old 05-26-2009, 09:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post
Ok so I went there, and did everything, my TP is up and running, but it looks the same, what is the major difference I will see with the new ROM? So Far I cant see a difference...? God I'm stupid
if you see "CMONEX" then it is unlocked.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:26 PM
j_j
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

j_j is keeping up the good workj_j is keeping up the good work

aiit now all you need to do is check and see if its unlocked, power down your touch pro then hold power and volume down at the same time. You should see a screen that says Spl-0.37.CMONEX or 0.25.CMONEX MFG for verizon touch pros. If you do you're ready to flash to a new rom.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:29 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Or install this cab and it will shoot you directly into Bootloader. It will be in Programs/Tools
Then make cure it says CMONEX on the Tri-Color screen
Attached Files
File Type: cab Enter Bootloader.cab (3.4 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 05-26-2009, 09:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: THE BIG RED

skruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
Or install this cab and it will shoot you directly into Bootloader. It will be in Programs/Tools
Then make cure it says CMONEX on the Tri-Color screen
nice cab
Old 05-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
if you see "CMONEX" then it is unlocked.

Ok it finished within like 2 minutes max, even though it said it would take 10 minutes. I didn't see CMONEX anywhere, but the screen did turn 3 colors, I don't know, maybe it didn't work...
Old 05-26-2009, 09:38 PM
j_j
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

j_j is keeping up the good workj_j is keeping up the good work

it only says 10 minutes so new flashers won't panic

did a bar go across the screen from 0 to 100% ?
when you go to settings>system>about does it show your new rom version?

Last edited by j_j; 05-26-2009 at 09:46 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro