PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 08:07 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
touch pro air chamber project (lol)

Ok so everyone's getting heat issues while tethering, and i started thinking about something I could set my phone into to keep it cool.

I thought about what would keep air passing over the device (and through the space between screen and keyboard) and I've come up with a small design idea. I've got plenty of computer case fans sitting around so I could make this using either an 80mm fan or 120mm fan.

so as you can see air would be sucked in from the bottom, forced into a chamber, and pushed out small vents at the top. You'd place your phone into the top there (like an air bath.)

I'd have to fiddle with a usb plug and wires and split off the power and ground to give power to the fan (so basically you'd be charging your phone, tethering, and powering a computer fan all at once.) Oh and the entire thing would be made out of thin birch plywood or something.

Anyways, laugh it up or add some ideas to it, either way I plan on making it this weekend :P

This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear
Re: touch pro air chamber project (lol)

haha wow. that's some awesome skills man. i love the idea but i dunno if i ever would...

Old 04-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

miguelfp1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmiguelfp1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmiguelfp1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmiguelfp1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to miguelfp1

how big would it be? computer case-sized!? please, keep us informed about the project!

If one of my posts helped you, don't forget to click !!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6850
Carrier: sprint

digitalonellc is becoming a great contributor

hrm upgrade your radio not build a box, hmpf
Old 04-16-2009, 08:24 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Haha good idea. I think someone put their phone in a freezer somewhere around here haha. Have you tried a new radio? Since I put the new radio on mine I haven't tried tethering, but the telus radio definitely helped my overheating problem.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If you would like me to pretty your drawing up, let me know some dimensions. I can draw it in Inventor, which would probably be the easiest because I could just draw the parts and then create the assembly. I could even make you some prints. Let me know, I don't have much to do at work tomorrow.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

toolz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalonellc View Post
hrm upgrade your radio not build a box, hmpf
problem with this idea is that some people are experiencing heat problems not matter which radio due to poor coverage
Old 04-16-2009, 09:06 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Ok so everyone's getting heat issues while tethering, and i started thinking about something I could set my phone into to keep it cool.

I thought ........(cut to save space) I plan on making it this weekend :P
If you end up making a sucseful one let me know - maybe you can make a second and i'll buy it from you
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:09 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

I thought about what would keep air passing over the device (and through the space between screen and keyboard) and I've come up with a small design idea. I've got plenty of computer case fans sitting around so I could make this using either an 80mm fan or 120mm fan.

so as you can see air would be sucked in from the bottom, forced into a chamber, and pushed out small vents at the top. You'd place your phone into the top there (like an air bath.)

I'd have to fiddle with a usb plug and wires and split off the power and ground to give power to the fan (so basically you'd be charging your phone, tethering, and powering a computer fan all at once.) Oh and the entire thing would be made out of thin birch plywood or something.

Anyways, laugh it up or add some ideas to it, either way I plan on making it this weekend :P
no thanks, i'll just wait for the cab lol!
Old 04-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

If you wanted to add in some features like som leds all over it then spiffy it up with a glossy paint job that would be awesome.

Nahh I think you should start with a desktop cradle that has a spare battery charger slot..

Tear it apart and wire the guts in the spare space. This way u get 3 in one charge extra battery as in device does something while not tethering. You would have a port to just plug your usb cable into so not a bunch of wires just one cable and no need to rig it to plug it into the pc. This would also give you the htc ext plug that goes into your phone to play with and possibly integrate into it..

Set phone in device its automatically cradled u can charge it tether it charge the spare batt or sync it to the pc..

IM filing for a patent now so nobody steals MY IDEAH!! lol ... j/p but those r some of the things that i would do if i were to build 1.... besides sand down and paint it a glossy black and have some soft leds that would give it an underglow look. but to each his own.

This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro