PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   TP LED breathing/on while charging (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69812)

weinberk 05-26-2009 05:30 PM

TP LED breathing/on while charging

While most will agree that the "breathing" LED's while the TP is charging is cool looking, I'm looking for a way to disable that. I'd also like to turn of the sold LED's when fully charged.

I'm cursed with a job that sends me text messages when there's something urgent. This could be at any time at night. That means that the TP needs to be on my nightstand. I've got it in a cradle.

The issue is that the lights are just too bright.

I've seen some older utilities that claim to disable the LED's but I don't see a way to just do this while charging (or plugged in) and still let the led's work when backlight is turned on or when the ring should flash for notifications.

I'd think that there must be a way. Ideas?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

tbran 05-26-2009 06:43 PM

Re: TP LED breathing/on while charging

I would try nueLED 1.5 . No guarantees, but it is one of better apps for configuring LED's and what you are trying to do, doesn't seem that tough.

GhettoBSD 05-26-2009 07:16 PM

better yet i would hit up n2c and ask him if it's possible, and if so if he can do it up for you. a donation would probably help grease the wheels.

DomSim 05-26-2009 07:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i use nueled for this exact reason myself. it works for the charging indicator but not all functions of the program work. simply disable charging led aqnd charge complete led and enjoy.

weinberk 05-26-2009 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomSim (Post 936977)
i use nueled for this exact reason myself. it works for the charging indicator but not all functions of the program work. simply disable charging led aqnd charge complete led and enjoy.

Thanks all. I'll check out no2chem nueLED and see how that goes.

BigDinCA 05-26-2009 10:30 PM

You could always try to get my old one from Sprint as a refurb. The LED's stopped working after 3 days. It drove me nuts when I wouldn't see the phone breathing when it was plugged in.

weinberk 05-27-2009 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomSim (Post 936977)

Worked like a charm! Thanks. I would have replied earlier, but with such a dark bedroom, I was able to sleep!

GhettoBSD 05-27-2009 01:33 PM

dont forget to thank him!

weinberk 05-27-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhettoBSD (Post 938320)
dont forget to thank him!

Already did - if the system would let me click gain, I would! (thanks again DomSim)

DomSim 05-27-2009 02:19 PM

glade to help :)