PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 6.1
Carrier: Sprint

bishaudio is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
texting sucks

Its lags so bad, i dont know if its everyones phone or just mine, but i can start typing and then i have to wait like 10 seconds for it to finish catching up. i have word completetion off. anything else i can do?
Old 05-26-2009, 01:35 PM
j_j
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

j_j is keeping up the good workj_j is keeping up the good work
Re: texting sucks

yeah that's kind of an issue with the touch pro, i use vito sms-chat to circumvent the lag, although its not as bad in some roms as it is in others.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro

NOhara24 is a n00b

There are .cabs out there that claim to fix it, but there have been mixed results with cabbing and using other roms.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yea, its pretty annoying, but now I just type away without looking at what it says and spellcheck right before I fire the text off. Mine is only about a second or two off though.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:53 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Is this with the on screen keyboard or your pull out keyboard?
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 05-26-2009, 01:55 PM
Jedi Master

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
Is this with the on screen keyboard or your pull out keyboard?
hardware keyboard. I don't think many people can type fast enough on the onscreen for it to exhibit lag as well, hahah.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_j View Post
i use vito sms-chat to circumvent the lag, although its not as bad in some roms as it is in others.
I use SMS-Chat also (great program) but like you said, certain ROM's will still lag.

I finally found a combination with no lag whatever. I am now running merdin's latest 6.5 ROM & use TouchPal 3.5 in SMS-Chat. That combination responds instantly.

~John
Old 05-26-2009, 01:58 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
hardware keyboard. I don't think many people can type fast enough on the onscreen for it to exhibit lag as well, hahah.
You'd be surprised... I do have onscreen keyboard lag. LOL Must be a girl thing. LOL

The hardware keyboard was like that for me on the first TP I got and then it died completely. It was replaced under warranty.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:59 PM
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I use SMS-Chat also (great program) but like you said, certain ROM's will still lag.

I finally found a combination with no lag whatever. I am now running merdin's latest 6.5 ROM & use TouchPal 3.5 in SMS-Chat. That combination responds instantly.

~John
oo SMS-chat looks nice, but does it integrate with the TF3D?
Old 05-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Someone correct me if i'm wrong but the keyboard lag has something to do with the HTC drivers on the phone, so we can't totally "fix" it. However, there are registry settings you can play with to make it a LOT better. Go to HKCU -> ControlPanel -> Keybd and play with the entries for initial delay and repeat rate. Different numbers seem to provide different results on different ROMS so get ready for some trial and error. Hope this helps!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro