PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   texting sucks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69791)

bishaudio 05-26-2009 01:32 PM

texting sucks

Its lags so bad, i dont know if its everyones phone or just mine, but i can start typing and then i have to wait like 10 seconds for it to finish catching up. i have word completetion off. anything else i can do?

j_j 05-26-2009 01:35 PM

Re: texting sucks

yeah that's kind of an issue with the touch pro, i use vito sms-chat to circumvent the lag, although its not as bad in some roms as it is in others.

NOhara24 05-26-2009 01:50 PM

There are .cabs out there that claim to fix it, but there have been mixed results with cabbing and using other roms.

Darkjedi 05-26-2009 01:52 PM

Yea, its pretty annoying, but now I just type away without looking at what it says and spellcheck right before I fire the text off. Mine is only about a second or two off though.

NinjaMom 05-26-2009 01:53 PM

Is this with the on screen keyboard or your pull out keyboard?

Darkjedi 05-26-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaMom (Post 936324)
Is this with the on screen keyboard or your pull out keyboard?

hardware keyboard. I don't think many people can type fast enough on the onscreen for it to exhibit lag as well, hahah.

jmorton10 05-26-2009 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j_j (Post 936289)
i use vito sms-chat to circumvent the lag, although its not as bad in some roms as it is in others.

I use SMS-Chat also (great program) but like you said, certain ROM's will still lag.

I finally found a combination with no lag whatever. I am now running merdin's latest 6.5 ROM & use TouchPal 3.5 in SMS-Chat. That combination responds instantly.

~John

NinjaMom 05-26-2009 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkjedi007 (Post 936332)
hardware keyboard. I don't think many people can type fast enough on the onscreen for it to exhibit lag as well, hahah.

You'd be surprised... I do have onscreen keyboard lag. LOL Must be a girl thing. LOL

The hardware keyboard was like that for me on the first TP I got and then it died completely. It was replaced under warranty.

Darkjedi 05-26-2009 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 936337)
I use SMS-Chat also (great program) but like you said, certain ROM's will still lag.

I finally found a combination with no lag whatever. I am now running merdin's latest 6.5 ROM & use TouchPal 3.5 in SMS-Chat. That combination responds instantly.

~John

oo SMS-chat looks nice, but does it integrate with the TF3D?

HTCotta 05-26-2009 02:05 PM

Someone correct me if i'm wrong but the keyboard lag has something to do with the HTC drivers on the phone, so we can't totally "fix" it. However, there are registry settings you can play with to make it a LOT better. Go to HKCU -> ControlPanel -> Keybd and play with the entries for initial delay and repeat rate. Different numbers seem to provide different results on different ROMS so get ready for some trial and error. Hope this helps!