PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 6.1
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

bishaudio is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: texting sucks

im using the Mighty Rom 4.
Im using the hardware keyboard, i can type pretty fast so it gets really annoying having to stop to catch up.

HTCotta, im not to familar with messin with the registry stuff so i dont i wanna go that route haha
Old 05-26-2009, 02:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
oo SMS-chat looks nice, but does it integrate with the TF3D?
with a regedit it will.

~John
Old 05-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
with a regedit it will.

~John
Sweetbeans, I'll try a demo of it when I get home
Old 05-26-2009, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I do not have that problem with texting. I have the standard oem rom and a few tweaks. I can text on screen or with the slide out keyboard with no lag or slow problems at all. My phone was made mid March.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Jedi Master

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
with a regedit it will.

~John
hmm, i can't find information on this regedit on ppcgeeks or on google, could you point me in the right direction?
Old 05-26-2009, 03:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepsamsung View Post
I do not have that problem with texting. I have the standard oem rom
LOL, you must be the worlds slowest typist........

I have NEVER seen a stock TP with NO KB LAG.....

~John
Old 05-26-2009, 03:33 PM
j_j
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

j_j is keeping up the good workj_j is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
hmm, i can't find information on this regedit on ppcgeeks or on google, could you point me in the right direction?
You have to set it as the default sms program
hklm>software>microsoft>shell>rai>:msinbox>change value 1 to "\Program Files\VITO\SMS-Chat\SMSChat.exe" make sure you use "" then soft reset

edit:BTW if you use arcsoft for picmail the hyperlinks wont come up, so you will have to enter into outlook and go to sms to get to picmail, or make a shortcut to tmail so you can still get to it

Last edited by j_j; 05-26-2009 at 03:36 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:43 PM
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_j View Post
You have to set it as the default sms program
hklm>software>microsoft>shell>rai>:msinbox>change value 1 to "\Program Files\VITO\SMS-Chat\SMSChat.exe" make sure you use "" then soft reset

edit:BTW if you use arcsoft for picmail the hyperlinks wont come up, so you will have to enter into outlook and go to sms to get to picmail, or make a shortcut to tmail so you can still get to it
hmm... doesn't work for me. I put in the value exactly with the " marks and all, but no go.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:20 PM
j_j
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

j_j is keeping up the good workj_j is keeping up the good work

hmm... thats how i did it in mobile shell touch flo must have a specific regestry change for the messaging tab

i noticed that it changed the sms shortcut in the start menu so touch flo must not use the system default.

Last edited by j_j; 05-26-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:43 PM
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_j View Post
hmm... thats how i did it in mobile shell touch flo must have a specific regestry change for the messaging tab

i noticed that it changed the sms shortcut in the start menu so touch flo must not use the system default.
Oh well, hopefully jmorton will enlighten us with the specific regedit. I actually quite like SMS-Chat, but if I can't integrate it into TFlo3D, I probably won't get it until something better than TFlo3D comes out. Even the 6.5 home screen is a bit limited to me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro