PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   extracting .nbh from shipped rom? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69760)

dee91 05-26-2009 09:31 AM

extracting .nbh from shipped rom?

hey i was just wondering why i couldnt extract the .nbh file out of the shipped sprint stockrom i downloaded it to my phone and yet for somereason pocketrar was unable to extract it, its ..exe yet usually i can open them i got itfrom imcokeman thread, and i desperately need to flash to shipped and relock my phone for warranty reasons (my keyboard kinda startedplayin games with me .. working, not working on off) so if someone could tell me how to get the .nbh (also i dont have comp acces at the momentso its all off the phone) or link me to a .nbh so i can flash from the microsd it would be appreciated, oh and the shipped was set to archive yet evenafter iundid that (totalcmd) it still wouldnt extract or open inany way

thanks guys

BRIVERS73 05-26-2009 10:03 AM

Re: extracting .nbh from shipped rom?

It's an exe. Not sure if u can do it from your phone or extract it for that matter Download it to your desktop & just tap it & run it.

dee91 05-26-2009 10:17 AM

as i said i cant get to a compuuter and when i try run it from my pro iget the "this iis not a valid ppc app" error but i have the whole file on my phone..is there a way toflash it by extracting the .nbh?

lwrdrchvy2 05-26-2009 10:21 AM

I do not think it is possible to extract the .nbh file from an .exe on the device. Unfortunately must be done on a computer.

dee91 05-26-2009 10:50 AM

do u know maybe where i could find the .nbh file though or is imcokeman the only one

debarron 05-26-2009 11:31 AM

If you have the .exe on your phone and you are using PocketRAR, sometimes you can rename the .exe to .zip and PocketRAR will then open it. I had that happen with the .dat files with MS 3.0, I tried opening it as a .dat with PocketRAR and would not open....I then renamed it to .zip and it opened fine. Should work the same with a ROM's .exe. In fact, I did it with MightyROM's .exe a few days ago.

dee91 05-26-2009 12:05 PM

gave it a try renamed it from totalcmd yet pocket rar came up with cannot read error data corrupt anyway do u think if i name it .nbh i could flash it as is or would i totaly screw my phone up..(edit)
i named it RAPHIMG.nbh but it didnt come up in bootloader mode..lol

IS THERE NO PPC APP TO EXTRACT FILES FROM .EXE????

debarron 05-26-2009 12:14 PM

It all depends on the .exe....some .exe's you can extract files from using WinRAR/PocketRAR and some you can't. I have the stock Sprint ROM in .nbh format on my SD card, I'll try to upload it for you.

dee91 05-26-2009 12:26 PM

thanks man, my key board stopped working and im on the silence rom still i want to get it replaced yet i cant until i flash stock and relock my phone and my comp is in reapairs...

crazy sitch anyway thanks for your help waiting for the .nbh thanks alot

htctp770 05-26-2009 12:31 PM

ye i need to return to stock too i need that nbh thanks man

is that the shipped or dumped?l