PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 12:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: srpint

lasteclispe is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What do you use to sync music?

Like the title says I'm looking for a way to sync music to my touch pro. I got an S2P and it really makes the phone into a good mp3 player so I'm trying to set up my music on my * gig card.

But the problem is I cant find a good program to sync with. I tried Windows media player but that seems like it does not work well.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: What do you use to sync music?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasteclispe View Post
Like the title says I'm looking for a way to sync music to my touch pro. I got an S2P and it really makes the phone into a good mp3 player so I'm trying to set up my music on my * gig card.

But the problem is I cant find a good program to sync with. I tried Windows media player but that seems like it does not work well.
Just "drag and drop" or "copy and paste" what ever music you want to the storage card. That's the way i do it. I think it's the easiest, and definitely the fastest when you have your phone in disk drive mode.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:20 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Same here, mass storage.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: srpint
Threadstarter

lasteclispe is just getting started

See I get lots of new music everyday and such. I will be hard to remember what I have in phone and what I don't. Thats why I'm looking for a program to sync
Old 05-05-2009, 01:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Wasney is keeping up the good workWasney is keeping up the good work

If you hold ctrl and then click "skip" or whatever to not overwrite, it skips any files that are already on your card.

Oh, windows only that I know of.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP

Quote:
See I get lots of new music everyday and such. I will be hard to remember what I have in phone and what I don't. Thats why I'm looking for a program to sync
-If you have mac, which you didn't mention so I doubt it, there is "The Missing Sync." Syncs straight to your card from iTunes.

-Stream from m.mp3tunes.com

- google.com "Winamp sync to windows mobile"
found a couple options there
Old 05-05-2009, 08:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

mrsamtee is keeping up the good workmrsamtee is keeping up the good work

windows media player has a sync function...searches library and updates to you ppc any new songs when you connect to wmdc or active sync. or you can use double twist which i havent tried yet heres a link http://www.doubletwist.com/dt/Home/Index.dt
Old 05-26-2009, 08:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74
Smile Re: What do you use to sync music?

Quote:

Windows media works great! I love it and use it all the time, however, I am interested in finding out it iTunes is available for the TP. I couldn't find a good video in you tube on this, so here goes!

To use WMP (Windows Media Player) to sync your TP is not that hard.
1. Set-Up partnership with your WMP. Plug your TP into your computer on 'Active Sync' mode, but do not go into your active sync and select it to sync music. you want to do this from your WMP.

2. In your WMP, go to files and add the music you want in your WMP.

3. On the left hand side of your WMP, you should see where you can create a play list, go there and create a play list. For example you probably love Britany Spears, so make a Britany Spears play list in your WMP.

4. Once you 'Create a Play List' you can add all your favorite Spears songs to it.

5. Now that you have a play list created and songs added to it, make sure your PDA is plugged in and your WMP is recognizing it. Note- if your WMP is recognizing it, you should see your device on the RIGHT HAND SIDE OF YOUR WMP!!!! Another note- make sure WMP is recognizing your EXTERNAL MEMORY on your device, and not actually the device itself! If you load all the music to your device and not the external memory card, then your phone will SUCK, and go very slow, probably causing you to resort to a HARD RESET!!! I know all this because I suck, and had to learn the hard way when I loaded my entire Britany Spears collection to the phone instead of the ex mem. One more note- you will be abel to tell if WMP is recognizing your device mem or your device external mem, by the size it shows available. If it shows only say 3gb total when you know you have an 8gb external mem card, then it probably recognized your device rather than the ex mem. Do you see what I'm saying!

6. Once you have all that figured out and your device plugged in and recognized by your WMP, then drag the specific playlist you would like to sync over to the right hand side where it shows your device's external mem available. Note-this is PRETTY OBVIOUS WHERE TO DROP IT!!! So pay attention!

7. Hit the sync button and enjoy.

I know not many people use WMP or laugh at it, but in my opinion, wav and wma files sound better thant mp3 or mp4 formats, again 'My Opinion'. Not here to argue, so don't waste your time trying! In this day and age of mass storage, who cares what siza the file is anyways? Didn't you hear? It is not the size that matters anymore, it is what you do with the size you have! lol... I will repost this as a new topic as well! Peace-br

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 05-26-2009, 10:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work

While I don't listen to music much with my phone, I've been using MobSync ( Goodsync will also work, but requires more setup)for years to sync podcasts and other files to my PDA's storage card. I have auto syncing podcast, cabs, and roboform folders. This syncs files really well, but if you want to use a playlist type sync you'll have to go with WMP sync. unfortunately, I've tried many times to use WMP sync over the years and while I could sometimes get it to work initially, it always fails or breaks eventyually. Besides, as audio players go WMP is at the very bottom of my prefered list. I was forced to use it for the past few months with the TP because HTC saw fit to hard code it to the BT headset controls. Thankfully, that issue was finally fixed and I can go WMP free once again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro