PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 02:49 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Urgent Backup question..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consigliere View Post
Yeah I'm about to install Mymobiler on the computer and install Sprite on my phone. From what I've read all over the forums is there seems to be more problems with SPB on the restore, but I don't see as many complaints about Sprite. Hell, I may use both if I can get them to install.

I actually never thought about backing up until my psycho gf at the time wanted to inspect my phone every time I came over to check for other female contacts. Which I swear were just friends, she just didn't like me having female friends lol.

So now my only concern with backing up, if it works, is will the texts maintain there threaded format? I've read a few posts about people using PIMbackup that there texts don't restore as threaded. Hmmmm.. Wonder how it will work with Sprite or SPB...
Yes Sprite will restore SMS's in its threaded format. PIM Backup does it too for that matter, you just have to restore it a certain way. Before I used Spite I relied on PIM for backing up all my texts since the days of the 6700.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: SPRINT

petetp@comcast.net is a n00b

Try Spb BackUp.
I just had to have my TouchPro replaced because I cracked my screen in a fall. The backup that Sprint did saved my contacts and the like. but essentially was it like starting over because none of the settings were restored. So luckily I did a backup with Spb Backup. I did the trick! All settings and installed programs back to normal. Worked Great!
Download it to your PC and install from there. I think it should work for you? Good luck mate!
Old 05-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I've used both Sprite and SPB. For whatever reason (and I can't really figure it out myself) I prefer SPB. Text messages do restore in threaded format for me.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Consigliere is a n00b

Anyone know if Sprite, SPB or anything else for that matter will backup and restore google map saved favorites? I have a lot of favorite places saved to my google maps app..
Old 05-26-2009, 03:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Since you've got the same issue posted in 2 different threads, I'm going to stop replying to this one in favor of the older Touch Pro Backup Applications/Software thread, since it's clearly not "dormant." You started this thread 6 minutes after you posted there, so perhaps you need to be a little more patient.

It might be appropriate to close this thread or merge it with the other one.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Consigliere is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstevens View Post
Since you've got the same issue posted in 2 different threads, I'm going to stop replying to this one in favor of the older Touch Pro Backup Applications/Software thread, since it's clearly not "dormant." You started this thread 6 minutes after you posted there, so perhaps you need to be a little more patient.

It might be appropriate to close this thread or merge it with the other one.

Yeah if a mod could merge it that would be good. At the time when I posted this thread I had been messing with my phone for hours and forgot that the other "dormant" thread was actually under the same thread as this one, lol.

Sorry everyone but this phone has been driving me insane for the past week! Since I've lost my sanity I haven't been thinking straight!

Old 05-28-2009, 12:26 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consigliere View Post
Anyone know if Sprite, SPB or anything else for that matter will backup and restore google map saved favorites? I have a lot of favorite places saved to my google maps app..
I copy the entire google maps folder onto my storage card sometimes, mostly to save the google cache file so I don't have to wait to reload the maps whenever I reflash. Though I notice that the cache still resets itself every so often, probably to update map changes. Saving the folder might save the favorites though. It'd be cool if favorites integrated with Latitude and could save to an online database.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

If you back up with Sprite, just make sure you restore to the same ROM, otherwise you may run into issues. You will get a few options upon restoration of your backed up info such as Merge level 1, 2 or 3. You can go to Sprite's website for some quick info on the differences between the 3.

Also, I use Sprite all the time. It will restore your phone exactly back to the way you had it before including texts, emails and accounts, reg edits, programs installed and settings, call logs, personal preferences and more. Exactly the way it was before.

Good luck!

Edit: if Google Maps is installed to your device it will back EVERYTHING up. If its on your SD, just back up your SD as well in the backup options and EVERYTHING will be restored EXACTLY how it was before.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro