PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   EA Games and Some ROMs (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69748)

strra 05-26-2009 01:36 AM

EA Games and Some ROMs

i've done some searching and i've done some googling and i have yet to find a working solution. on mighty and some other roms, my EA games work fine (Boom Blox, NFS Undercover, Monopoly World, etc)... on juicy and other roms, i get this error when i try to play them:
Quote:

Airplay v3.5.1beta [160212]
Insufficient memory to start application. Memory allocated for heaps = 5205000, Application code + data size = 840960
OK-Continue
i don't use touchflo and i've tried opening the program in landscape like some forums say... so does anyone else have any ideas?

P.S. all of the ROMs i've tried these games on are wm6.5

strra 05-26-2009 01:40 AM

Re: EA Games and Some ROMs

update: well, seems that immediately after i posted this thread, i figured out that disabling the titanium interface will allow the game to run... weird that some roms i don't need to do that
i suppose if anyone has any ideas on how to avoid this, let me know :)

*EDIT* this only seems to work for monopoly... the others still give me the error :(

jdrestless 05-26-2009 01:47 AM

I get the same error. I'm currently using juicy 7, posted in the rom thread and still waiting for a posible solution.

havox22 05-26-2009 08:23 AM

when thats happend to me i just use clear ram level 2 or 3 then nfs would work thats the only 1 i had a problem with..its not a permanent fix but it worked for me when i wanted to play it, but i eventually just stop installing it cuz it was to much of a hassle & id rather play atomic cannon:mrgreen:
hope it gets fixed with the final build, cuz alot of my java games stop working also

mindfrost82 07-08-2009 11:25 AM

Anyone ever figure this out? I saw another thread about it too and no solution. I'm trying to get it to run on my bro-in-law's Sprint Diamond.

It works great on my AT&T Fuze with every ROM I've tried.

Lat 07-08-2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strra (Post 935684)
i've done some searching and i've done some googling and i have yet to find a working solution. on mighty and some other roms, my EA games work fine (Boom Blox, NFS Undercover, Monopoly World, etc)... on juicy and other roms, i get this error when i try to play them:
i don't use touchflo and i've tried opening the program in landscape like some forums say... so does anyone else have any ideas?

P.S. all of the ROMs i've tried these games on are wm6.5

Yup, I'm getting the same error with Juicy's ROM. I don't know what the solution is.

strra 07-08-2009 02:34 PM

i honestly don't know the deal and/or what's causing it on other roms, but NFSFAN's ROM will run boom blox, monopoly, and need for speed underground without any problems.
if anyone can figure it out for other roms, that'd be amazing

quick99si 07-08-2009 02:53 PM

Is pagepool size involved at all?

Nimdock 07-08-2009 03:01 PM

I would also like to find a fix for this. I want to be able to run DCD 0.96 and Need for Speed. I've tried a million things but nothing works. It's pissing me off! :scratch: :protest:

htcman724 07-08-2009 03:04 PM

running merdins and get the same....no clue but might have to switch roms.