PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 12:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mozilla Mozilla Songbird and Touch Pro - anyone successful?

I'm pulling the trigger on switching from iTunes to Songbird. Reasons include the fact that I rarely use my old iPod (though Songbird will happily sync it) and have been listening to music more on my Touch Pro. I also do still like the iTunes interface, which Songbird can mimic. I've never been much of a fan of (OK, I detest) Windows Media Player. Finally, I am a fan of open source software and like the extensibility of Songbird.

I'm using Songbird 1.1.2 and connect my TP to a Windows Vista Home Premium computer via WMDC with no difficulty. Songbird is able to find my TP and accurately reports the size of the storage card and the free space. Here's where the problems begin.

Songbird will not display any content on my TP. The Sync Settings window pops up, but hitting Save (or Cancel, for that matter) doesn't make it go away. When I right-click on a song in the main library, the option to Add to Device appears, and clicking on that shows my TP's name as an option, but it's greyed out and not clickable. Within the device pane, selecting a playlist and hitting Sync doesn't do anything. Basically, there doesn't seem to be any real way to manage music on my TP using Songbird, but then I'm an idiot about such things.

Does anyone here use Songbird with their Touch Pro?
Old 05-26-2009, 12:26 AM
j_j
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

j_j is keeping up the good workj_j is keeping up the good work
Re: Mozilla Mozilla Songbird and Touch Pro - anyone successful?

Songbird is cool stuff but as their site says: "There are several features we're proud of, but we'll be the first to admit that others need ironing out, are experimental, or are just plain missing. There's still a lot to do." Might be a bug, you could report it to them. Someone on here might have a solution....
Old 05-26-2009, 03:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_j View Post
Songbird is cool stuff but as their site says: "There are several features we're proud of, but we'll be the first to admit that others need ironing out, are experimental, or are just plain missing. There's still a lot to do." Might be a bug, you could report it to them. Someone on here might have a solution....
Oookaaayyy...
Old 05-26-2009, 07:25 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstevens View Post
I'm pulling the trigger on switching from iTunes to Songbird. Reasons include the fact that I rarely use my old iPod (though Songbird will happily sync it) and have been listening to music more on my Touch Pro. I also do still like the iTunes interface, which Songbird can mimic. I've never been much of a fan of (OK, I detest) Windows Media Player. Finally, I am a fan of open source software and like the extensibility of Songbird.

I'm using Songbird 1.1.2 and connect my TP to a Windows Vista Home Premium computer via WMDC with no difficulty. Songbird is able to find my TP and accurately reports the size of the storage card and the free space. Here's where the problems begin.

Songbird will not display any content on my TP. The Sync Settings window pops up, but hitting Save (or Cancel, for that matter) doesn't make it go away. When I right-click on a song in the main library, the option to Add to Device appears, and clicking on that shows my TP's name as an option, but it's greyed out and not clickable. Within the device pane, selecting a playlist and hitting Sync doesn't do anything. Basically, there doesn't seem to be any real way to manage music on my TP using Songbird, but then I'm an idiot about such things.

Does anyone here use Songbird with their Touch Pro?
PLease dont kill me for asking this question, but are you telling me that you have iTunes on your TP? If so where do I get it? Do you have a cab? I posted this response before researching, so I will be researching while awaiting your answer. thanks

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 05-26-2009, 09:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

No, no iTunes on the TP. The programs I'm discussing are desktop applications.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dai_shan is becoming a great contributor

Are you connecting your TP thru the ActiveSync connection? Have you tried connecting using the Disk Drive?

I don't use Songbird, but I do use Foobar (music) & Mediamonkey (for syncing Podcast). I connect the TP as a disk drive, and have no problem. I've also used the disk manager to keep the drive persistent, so the drive letters and path are always the same.

Anywho, that's my 2ยข.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dai_shan View Post
Are you connecting your TP thru the ActiveSync connection? Have you tried connecting using the Disk Drive?.
I've tried it both ways. As Disk Drive, nothing shows up within Songbird at all. When connected by WMDC (Windows Vista's equivalent of ActiveSync) it does show up in Songbird but displays the behavior above.

I may give Foobar a look.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro