PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro/)
-   -   Mozilla Mozilla Songbird and Touch Pro - anyone successful? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro/69742-mozilla-mozilla-songbird-touch-pro-anyone-successful.html)

mstevens 05-26-2009 12:18 AM

Mozilla Mozilla Songbird and Touch Pro - anyone successful?
 
I'm pulling the trigger on switching from iTunes to Songbird. Reasons include the fact that I rarely use my old iPod (though Songbird will happily sync it) and have been listening to music more on my Touch Pro. I also do still like the iTunes interface, which Songbird can mimic. I've never been much of a fan of (OK, I detest) Windows Media Player. Finally, I am a fan of open source software and like the extensibility of Songbird.

I'm using Songbird 1.1.2 and connect my TP to a Windows Vista Home Premium computer via WMDC with no difficulty. Songbird is able to find my TP and accurately reports the size of the storage card and the free space. Here's where the problems begin.

Songbird will not display any content on my TP. The Sync Settings window pops up, but hitting Save (or Cancel, for that matter) doesn't make it go away. When I right-click on a song in the main library, the option to Add to Device appears, and clicking on that shows my TP's name as an option, but it's greyed out and not clickable. Within the device pane, selecting a playlist and hitting Sync doesn't do anything. Basically, there doesn't seem to be any real way to manage music on my TP using Songbird, but then I'm an idiot about such things.

Does anyone here use Songbird with their Touch Pro?

j_j 05-26-2009 12:26 AM

Re: Mozilla Mozilla Songbird and Touch Pro - anyone successful?
 
Songbird is cool stuff but as their site says: "There are several features we're proud of, but we'll be the first to admit that others need ironing out, are experimental, or are just plain missing. There's still a lot to do." Might be a bug, you could report it to them. Someone on here might have a solution....

mstevens 05-26-2009 03:10 AM

Re: Mozilla Mozilla Songbird and Touch Pro - anyone successful?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by j_j (Post 935598)
Songbird is cool stuff but as their site says: "There are several features we're proud of, but we'll be the first to admit that others need ironing out, are experimental, or are just plain missing. There's still a lot to do." Might be a bug, you could report it to them. Someone on here might have a solution....

Oookaaayyy...

heydjbobby74 05-26-2009 07:25 AM

Re: Mozilla Mozilla Songbird and Touch Pro - anyone successful?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mstevens (Post 935587)
I'm pulling the trigger on switching from iTunes to Songbird. Reasons include the fact that I rarely use my old iPod (though Songbird will happily sync it) and have been listening to music more on my Touch Pro. I also do still like the iTunes interface, which Songbird can mimic. I've never been much of a fan of (OK, I detest) Windows Media Player. Finally, I am a fan of open source software and like the extensibility of Songbird.

I'm using Songbird 1.1.2 and connect my TP to a Windows Vista Home Premium computer via WMDC with no difficulty. Songbird is able to find my TP and accurately reports the size of the storage card and the free space. Here's where the problems begin.

Songbird will not display any content on my TP. The Sync Settings window pops up, but hitting Save (or Cancel, for that matter) doesn't make it go away. When I right-click on a song in the main library, the option to Add to Device appears, and clicking on that shows my TP's name as an option, but it's greyed out and not clickable. Within the device pane, selecting a playlist and hitting Sync doesn't do anything. Basically, there doesn't seem to be any real way to manage music on my TP using Songbird, but then I'm an idiot about such things.

Does anyone here use Songbird with their Touch Pro?

PLease dont kill me for asking this question, but are you telling me that you have iTunes on your TP? If so where do I get it? Do you have a cab? I posted this response before researching, so I will be researching while awaiting your answer. thanks

mstevens 05-26-2009 09:17 AM

Re: Mozilla Mozilla Songbird and Touch Pro - anyone successful?
 
No, no iTunes on the TP. The programs I'm discussing are desktop applications.

dai_shan 05-26-2009 11:13 AM

Re: Mozilla Mozilla Songbird and Touch Pro - anyone successful?
 
Are you connecting your TP thru the ActiveSync connection? Have you tried connecting using the Disk Drive?

I don't use Songbird, but I do use Foobar (music) & Mediamonkey (for syncing Podcast). I connect the TP as a disk drive, and have no problem. I've also used the disk manager to keep the drive persistent, so the drive letters and path are always the same.

Anywho, that's my 2.

mstevens 05-26-2009 02:53 PM

Re: Mozilla Mozilla Songbird and Touch Pro - anyone successful?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dai_shan (Post 936072)
Are you connecting your TP thru the ActiveSync connection? Have you tried connecting using the Disk Drive?.

I've tried it both ways. As Disk Drive, nothing shows up within Songbird at all. When connected by WMDC (Windows Vista's equivalent of ActiveSync) it does show up in Songbird but displays the behavior above.

I may give Foobar a look.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0