PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818
Question Whoa, check this out, very odd! Input please! =D

So, get this. I'm in Brazil with my fiancee and we tried to activate my TP on her local carrier, VIVO. They weren't able to re-program the MIN and MSID because the MIN requires more digits than my phone allows and the MSID requires less digits than my phone allows. (Any help on this?) Now, the zinger. I can make local Brazil calls to other numbers in our same city code. Text and data do NOT work, but prior to this incident, international data roaming and GPS DID work. In order to make calls to the US/So.Cal area (my area), I have to dial international, 00 21 1 ( 818 ) ***-****. Mind you, NOTHING is showing up on my Sprint account's usage details and I first made a couple Brazil calls over 4 hours ago. Any input/ideas/jokes/criticism is freely accepted. Thanks for reading, my friends!
* ROM and Radio combinations change regularly *

http://www.speedtest.net/result/562969487.png

Last edited by wILLk0r3 818; 05-25-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:49 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Whoa, check this out, very odd! Input please! =D

your going to get jacked on the bill i just feel it
Old 05-26-2009, 02:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sandiegodude is just getting started

Same thing just happened to me in Cabo.
Basically, the mexican cell company "sponsored" my phone calls, then billed Sprint for my roaming. Sprint then billed me a few days later. Came out to $1.50 or so /min.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:39 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Update: I still haven't seen any charges for these calls. The only thing that sucks is I lost my device in Brazil and I was dying to see if it was still operable once within Sprint's service area. Jjjjyyyeeeaaahhh!
Old 06-26-2009, 03:01 AM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You won't see the roaming charges until your next bill
Old 06-26-2009, 07:08 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

yeah i wa gonna say, since when can you goto sprints site and see current detailed billing??? you can see minutes used and data usuage update like that.... but any charge you may or may not get for this, im guessin you will especially for the little bit you said international roam was on, you wont see until your bill posts
Old 06-26-2009, 09:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Give it time... once the international company syncs with Sprint you'll see the nice voice and data charges.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

DenBurt is a n00b

ROFLMAO, sorry for laughing but just wait give them time. Sprint charged me 1.50 or some crap for a text message to Guatemala once, and I wouldn't have a clue as to how I could have done that (yeah didn't happen). I finally dumped them due to their billing practices among other things.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

derynhaze is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wILLk0r3 818 View Post
Update: I still haven't seen any charges for these calls. The only thing that sucks is I lost my device in Brazil and I was dying to see if it was still operable once within Sprint's service area. Jjjjyyyeeeaaahhh!
So wait.. you LOST your phone in Brazil but are still happy that you haven't gotten charged for calls? Odd..
Old 06-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I've already taken care of 2 bills, one while away and one since I've been back. The only usage I saw was international data roaming which was a like $3. I never saw usage in minutes. Maybe only time will tell! =D

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro