PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 09:59 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint wants $120 to replace my defective Touch Pro (D-Pad Broken)

to the op, i didn't see it but i know it exist. call *2 tomorrow. on a side note, you really only pay the deductable for lost, stolen, or physically damaged phones(including water damage). so they let scratches and things like that go but if it looks like it's been run over by a truck, you'll be charged.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:01 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

There have been multiple changes to the way insurance works on repairing/replacing phones. The increase in deductible that everyone refers to of going from $50 to $100 is through Asurion when you have to claim your phone lost/stolen or water damage. The repairs in store used to top out at $55 but now they have began charging the full price for parts when you do not have insurance because they were losing so much money, thats why you were quoted $120. If you have insurance there is no in-store charge. This page has a breakdown...http://www.nextel.com/en/services/se..._service.shtml
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Zombie Scott is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Why not contact HTC. Don't these phones have a 1 year manufactuer warranty against hardware defects?
Old 05-25-2009, 10:05 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Scott View Post
Why not contact HTC. Don't these phones have a 1 year manufactuer warranty against hardware defects?
The phones do have a 1 year warranty but it requires that you send the phone to HTC for their technicians to evaluate and make sure that it was a manufacturer defect which can take up to 2 weeks and most people do not want to be without their phone that long.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:18 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2 View Post
The phones do have a 1 year warranty but it requires that you send the phone to HTC for their technicians to evaluate and make sure that it was a manufacturer defect which can take up to 2 weeks and most people do not want to be without their phone that long.
wasn't there a thread about someone that sent theirs back and htc said it was user error and wanted to charge them for repairs?
Old 05-25-2009, 10:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Welcome Back to My Sprint

Signed on as ************ | Sign Off

Login to Chat
Account Alerts

* Take advantage of open enrollment in Total Equipment Protection during May
* Find out if your plan fits your needs with the Sprint Plan Optimizer.

you might be lucky after all! go sign up for insurance again and wait a few weeks...
Old 05-25-2009, 10:42 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
wasn't there a thread about someone that sent theirs back and htc said it was user error and wanted to charge them for repairs?
I haven't seen that thread but it wouldn't suprise me if that happened.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:44 PM
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2 View Post
I haven't seen that thread but it wouldn't suprise me if that happened.
yeah, it was crazy. i remember reading it and thinking i'm glad i've got tep!
Old 05-25-2009, 11:20 PM
mcw
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mcw is keeping up the good workmcw is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Scott View Post
I've dealt with this ever since the Mogul - HTC does NOT cover warranty directly for end users with SPRINT service. Your warranty is handled directly by Sprint.

Tell Sprint that the phone is covered under a 1 year manufacturer's warranty, and that they are liable for it. If they tell you otherwise, tell them to call HTC on a 3-way call and that you will gladly wait for confirmation. I've had to do this a few times, and it's annoying, but Sprint is the warranty handler for all Sprint-branded HTC phones, so you should not be charged anything as long as it wasn't something you did.

If you need the HTC technical support number, I can provide that as well - they will tell you that the Sprint-branded phones are covered by Sprint, not HTC. Of course, HTC will gladly accept it for repair, and will charge if they have to, but you might as well not go through that.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:07 AM
lwrdrchvy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcw View Post
I've dealt with this ever since the Mogul - HTC does NOT cover warranty directly for end users with SPRINT service. Your warranty is handled directly by Sprint.

Tell Sprint that the phone is covered under a 1 year manufacturer's warranty, and that they are liable for it. If they tell you otherwise, tell them to call HTC on a 3-way call and that you will gladly wait for confirmation. I've had to do this a few times, and it's annoying, but Sprint is the warranty handler for all Sprint-branded HTC phones, so you should not be charged anything as long as it wasn't something you did.

If you need the HTC technical support number, I can provide that as well - they will tell you that the Sprint-branded phones are covered by Sprint, not HTC. Of course, HTC will gladly accept it for repair, and will charge if they have to, but you might as well not go through that.
I worked in a corporate sprint store that was a service center for 2 years and never heard of this. We constantly referred people to the manufacturer to take advantage of the manufacturer warranty and had cards to provide customers with a list of the manufacturer phone numbers. Sprint is only liable for the 1st 30 days. I did leave the company before HTC started putting phones out without cooperation from UTStarcom or Audiovox, so maybe Sprint and HTC have a different setup but none of the technicians or employees I know have heard of that being the case. It would be so much easier if that was the case but you are the first I have heard of getting manufacturer warranty resolved in store.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro