PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 09:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia 2
Carrier: Bell Mobility

OpenWave is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Internet Sharing stopped working after ROM upgrade!

Please help me here as I have tried almost everything to get this working again, it would be greatly appreciated. What I've done so far;

1. Searched this forum
2. Installed the 'Internet Sharing FIX' .cab
3. Edited the registry according to a Sticky

I was using Yay4Jugs 4.0 ROM which worked fine but when I upgraded to 5.0 the Internet Sharing stopped working. Why did that happen? I even tried Mighty's ROM, don't believe this is a ROM issue but I could be wrong.

I tried PDAnet for now but I need to have my previous way of doing this to work.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:56 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Internet Sharing stopped working after ROM upgrade!

does your data work? Can you get on the internet on your phone, or is it just tethering that is not working?
Please explain with more detail so we could help.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 05-25-2009, 10:29 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

OpenWave is a n00b

Thanks Hypnotic, the internet on my phone works fine but the 'internet sharing' (using the phone as a modem) app. doesn't work anymore.
Usually when I use the app. the Active Sync chimes once to tell me the Active Sync is disconnected, now I hear a double chime. And I'm not able to use the internet on my laptop.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:49 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

OpenWave is a n00b

Tried several ROM's and able to use Active Sync but as soon as
I click on the Internet Sharing I am not able to connect to the internet on my laptop. Anyone?
Old 05-26-2009, 02:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude

Are you using AdvanceConfig? If so check that the "Phone as modem" setting is enabled.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Maybe you could go back to the stock rom. That would fix that problem.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

MojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWave View Post
Tried several ROM's and able to use Active Sync but as soon as
I click on the Internet Sharing I am not able to connect to the internet on my laptop. Anyone?
Is there a particular error message that pops up? Or does it just not work, with no message(s)?

I've had my PAM option not work before, but then I just opened a browser window on the phone and closed it. PAM worked fine after that...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:30 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

OpenWave is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrlude View Post
Are you using AdvanceConfig? If so check that the "Phone as modem" setting is enabled.
I don't see that option in MightyROM but I'll try finding a ROM that does as most do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepsamsung View Post
Maybe you could go back to the stock rom. That would fix that problem.
I tried a BELL stock ROM but had an error message when flashing saying it wasn't compatible. Will try again as perhaps the ROM was out of date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoRisen View Post
Is there a particular error message that pops up? Or does it just not work, with no message(s)?

I've had my PAM option not work before, but then I just opened a browser window on the phone and closed it. PAM worked fine after that...
No, no error messages other that the standard cannot connect message on my laptop, will try your technique and see if it resolves that issue.

Really baffled by this as I have reverted back to Yay4Jugs Ver. 4.0 where I knew it worked but now is not. I flashed it correctly reverting all settings back to the original, maybe trying an older Active Sync version might help, I'm at a loss because I've flashed ROM's severaln times and the IS feature always worked.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

retrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWave View Post
I don't see that option in MightyROM but I'll try finding a ROM that does as most do.

I tried a BELL stock ROM but had an error message when flashing saying it wasn't compatible. Will try again as perhaps the ROM was out of date?

No, no error messages other that the standard cannot connect message on my laptop, will try your technique and see if it resolves that issue.

Really baffled by this as I have reverted back to Yay4Jugs Ver. 4.0 where I knew it worked but now is not. I flashed it correctly reverting all settings back to the original, maybe trying an older Active Sync version might help, I'm at a loss because I've flashed ROM's severaln times and the IS feature always worked.
This may be an overly simplistic response, if so, sorry.

I had a similar problem, and found that it was an issue with Activesync. Now to connect using internet sharing, before plugging in the usb cable, I hit "connect" on the internet sharing screen, wait for the "check USB cable connection" message, then plug it in. Works every time.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

OpenWave is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodeviant View Post
This may be an overly simplistic response, if so, sorry.
I had a similar problem, and found that it was an issue with Activesync. Now to connect using internet sharing, before plugging in the usb cable, I hit "connect" on the internet sharing screen, wait for the "check USB cable connection" message, then plug it in. Works every time.
Tried that, didn't work but thank you just the same Retrodeviant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoRisen View Post

Yup, thanks, it worked, did a double-take as I was surprised it actually worked also not sure why it is different this time around compared to the way I used to use it but it works, thanks guys!

Download 2.07 Mb/s Upload 0.14 Mb/s Ping 115 ms

Last edited by OpenWave; 05-27-2009 at 05:12 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro