PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Internet Sharing stopped working after ROM upgrade! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69724)

OpenWave 05-25-2009 09:33 PM

Internet Sharing stopped working after ROM upgrade!

Please help me here as I have tried almost everything to get this working again, it would be greatly appreciated. What I've done so far;

1. Searched this forum
2. Installed the 'Internet Sharing FIX' .cab
3. Edited the registry according to a Sticky

I was using Yay4Jugs 4.0 ROM which worked fine but when I upgraded to 5.0 the Internet Sharing stopped working. Why did that happen? I even tried Mighty's ROM, don't believe this is a ROM issue but I could be wrong.

I tried PDAnet for now but I need to have my previous way of doing this to work.

Thanks in advance.

Hypnotic2010 05-25-2009 09:56 PM

Re: Internet Sharing stopped working after ROM upgrade!

does your data work? Can you get on the internet on your phone, or is it just tethering that is not working?
Please explain with more detail so we could help.

OpenWave 05-25-2009 10:29 PM

Thanks Hypnotic, the internet on my phone works fine but the 'internet sharing' (using the phone as a modem) app. doesn't work anymore.
Usually when I use the app. the Active Sync chimes once to tell me the Active Sync is disconnected, now I hear a double chime. And I'm not able to use the internet on my laptop.

OpenWave 05-25-2009 11:49 PM

Tried several ROM's and able to use Active Sync but as soon as
I click on the Internet Sharing I am not able to connect to the internet on my laptop. Anyone?

intrlude 05-26-2009 02:08 AM

Are you using AdvanceConfig? If so check that the "Phone as modem" setting is enabled.

zepsamsung 05-26-2009 01:36 PM

Maybe you could go back to the stock rom. That would fix that problem.

MojoRisen 05-26-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OpenWave (Post 935559)
Tried several ROM's and able to use Active Sync but as soon as
I click on the Internet Sharing I am not able to connect to the internet on my laptop. Anyone?

Is there a particular error message that pops up? Or does it just not work, with no message(s)?

I've had my PAM option not work before, but then I just opened a browser window on the phone and closed it. PAM worked fine after that...

OpenWave 05-26-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intrlude (Post 935731)
Are you using AdvanceConfig? If so check that the "Phone as modem" setting is enabled.

I don't see that option in MightyROM but I'll try finding a ROM that does as most do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zepsamsung (Post 936292)
Maybe you could go back to the stock rom. That would fix that problem.

I tried a BELL stock ROM but had an error message when flashing saying it wasn't compatible. Will try again as perhaps the ROM was out of date?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MojoRisen (Post 936323)
Is there a particular error message that pops up? Or does it just not work, with no message(s)?

I've had my PAM option not work before, but then I just opened a browser window on the phone and closed it. PAM worked fine after that...

No, no error messages other that the standard cannot connect message on my laptop, will try your technique and see if it resolves that issue.

Really baffled by this as I have reverted back to Yay4Jugs Ver. 4.0 where I knew it worked but now is not. I flashed it correctly reverting all settings back to the original, maybe trying an older Active Sync version might help, I'm at a loss because I've flashed ROM's severaln times and the IS feature always worked.

retrodeviant 05-26-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OpenWave (Post 937205)
I don't see that option in MightyROM but I'll try finding a ROM that does as most do.

I tried a BELL stock ROM but had an error message when flashing saying it wasn't compatible. Will try again as perhaps the ROM was out of date?

No, no error messages other that the standard cannot connect message on my laptop, will try your technique and see if it resolves that issue.

Really baffled by this as I have reverted back to Yay4Jugs Ver. 4.0 where I knew it worked but now is not. I flashed it correctly reverting all settings back to the original, maybe trying an older Active Sync version might help, I'm at a loss because I've flashed ROM's severaln times and the IS feature always worked.

This may be an overly simplistic response, if so, sorry.

I had a similar problem, and found that it was an issue with Activesync. Now to connect using internet sharing, before plugging in the usb cable, I hit "connect" on the internet sharing screen, wait for the "check USB cable connection" message, then plug it in. Works every time.

OpenWave 05-27-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retrodeviant (Post 937242)
This may be an overly simplistic response, if so, sorry.
I had a similar problem, and found that it was an issue with Activesync. Now to connect using internet sharing, before plugging in the usb cable, I hit "connect" on the internet sharing screen, wait for the "check USB cable connection" message, then plug it in. Works every time.

Tried that, didn't work but thank you just the same Retrodeviant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MojoRisen (Post 936323)

Yup, thanks, it worked, did a double-take as I was surprised it actually worked also not sure why it is different this time around compared to the way I used to use it but it works, thanks guys!

Download 2.07 Mb/s Upload 0.14 Mb/s Ping 115 ms