PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Jmz
HTC Touch Pro GPS Hotfix

Here is a GPS Hotfix released today. I made the cab, the exe is from HTC. Copy exe or cab to device and install.

I would suggest using the EXE until a brave person confirms my cab works.
Attached Files
File Type: rar _HTC Touch Pro_RAP_S00829.rar (34.7 KB, 259 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab HTC Touch Pro GPS Hotfix.cab (33.6 KB, 344 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Jmz; 05-25-2009 at 04:36 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

scuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: HTC Touch Pro GPS Hotfix

what does this fix?
Old 05-25-2009, 03:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jjs85 is just getting started

There is already a fix that works wonders

[http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49933]

thanks to lllboredlll
Old 05-25-2009, 03:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

I guess that they don't even acknowledge GPS lag. I never have a problem with fixes.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru

Can't say I've had any trouble getting a GPS lock with the Sprint Touch PRO, but I have noticed that when using Garmin my GPS lock drops off every so often then picks right back up (very quickly). Never effects active navigation since it comes back up so fast.

Would be nice to know exactly what they supposedly fixed, but HTC likes to leave out the details on updates.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubguru View Post
Can't say I've had any trouble getting a GPS lock with the Sprint Touch PRO, but I have noticed that when using Garmin my GPS lock drops off every so often then picks right back up (very quickly). Never effects active navigation since it comes back up so fast.

Would be nice to know exactly what they supposedly fixed, but HTC likes to leave out the details on updates.

Hotfix for resolving difficulties finding or locating a position when using GPS for HTC Touch Pro
If it is difficult to find or locate a position when using GPS, please download this hotfix to solve the problem.

Taken from htc's site.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
Hotfix for resolving difficulties finding or locating a position when using GPS for HTC Touch Pro
If it is difficult to find or locate a position when using GPS, please download this hotfix to solve the problem.

Taken from htc's site.
Yeah, I saw that. And it's a pretty limited description of what the fix actually does to the device, just a symptom explination. I was more curious if it was a new GPS driver, application based, registry, etc... HTC doesn't like telling you if it's an updated driver, or new file, or what it really does in function.

From what I can tell from from jmztaylor's cab (and thanks jmz for cabbing it up!), it appears to be an exe that clears out GPS log data on each startup. But then again, I'm not too great at reading the details of cab files either, but I don't see any .dll files so it's most likely not a driver.

Last edited by veedubguru; 05-25-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmztaylor View Post
Here is a GPS Hotfix released today. I made the cab, the exe is from HTC. Copy exe or cab to device and install.

is this for CDMA or GSM? I did not see anything on HTC website America only Worldwide.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Threadstarter

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Jmz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjs85 View Post
There is already a fix that works wonders

[http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49933]

thanks to lllboredlll
Yeah but that is geared towards the Verizon version. And this is the official fix.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

Can someone please say if this is supposed to fix anything? I am at work right now and have to wait for a few more hrs to get home ;(

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro