PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 07:49 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Jmz
Re: HTC Touch Pro GPS Hotfix

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubguru View Post
When I posted yesterday I was pretty sure after checking the cab contents, that this hotfix just clears the GPS log data. bmb2n has seen the same info over at XDA as well.

Since it only clears GPS log data using the new CleanGPSData.exe that this fix installs, it should work fine for both GSM and CDMA devices. GPSlog, cache, etc... should be the same across the board for both networks. And at the very least, since we've had Sprint people applying this fix as well without problems, it shouldn't hurt your device at all.
That's what I am trying to get across. No GSM specific DLLs and no GSM specific reg settings means the only bad thing this could do is not work. It won't break or hurt anything at all.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

tried this hotfix, still very lag in reporting the actual position still losing locking but it reacquire sats much faster. So all in all slightly better but not FIXED. l(

This is total BS if all this fix does is clearing the cache.

Last edited by wildpig; 05-26-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro on VZW

bmb2n is becoming a great contributor

Tested about today with iGO8. Still lagging as always. The streets still lag behind the actual location.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Threadstarter

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Jmz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig View Post
tried this hotfix, still very lag in reporting the actual position still losing locking but it reacquire sats much faster. So all in all slightly better but not FIXED. l(

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmb2n View Post
Tested about today with iGO8. Still lagging as always. The streets still lag behind the actual location.
This is only for inital locking onto satellites. Not for the lag while running gps
Old 05-28-2009, 09:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

OEM based on jmztaylor cab file.

both kitchen
vk for virtual kitchen
Old 05-29-2009, 12:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kannaguchio is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmb2n View Post
I followed the instructions on this site, http://blog.mohdimran.com/2008/11/ht...-tweaking.html, and my lag is very minimal now.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue + Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

CenFlo is becoming a great contributor

My Diamond now locks quickly with this hotfix and that's a nice change from the past.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Alltel

cecspark is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubguru View Post
Can't say I've had any trouble getting a GPS lock with the Sprint Touch PRO, but I have noticed that when using Garmin my GPS lock drops off every so often then picks right back up (very quickly). Never effects active navigation since it comes back up so fast.

Would be nice to know exactly what they supposedly fixed, but HTC likes to leave out the details on updates.
I was able to use my gps through google maps but wasn't able to get it to work with Live Search. Downloaded the HTC fix and it did not resolve my problem. It still didn't work with Live Search but still worked with Google. I had to do a hard reset for something unrelated and never bothered to reinstall it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro