PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 01:20 PM
afx
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

afx is keeping up the good workafx is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just got back from the sprint store getting TP replaced AGAIN Kind of a big story

So I went to the sprint store to get my TP replaced again, what was happening was the send and end key didn't work anymore and the phone had literally slowed to a crawl even after a hard reset. I got lucky that the tech there was real smart and took the phone apart in front of me and showed me what might be going wrong, and it doesn't seem like its something I can control but maybe something I can look out for.

First he told me the whole bottom keypad was bad because it had corroded! He showed me the buttons had corrosion all over them and the reason was probably due to sweat! He said the TP doesn't have a moisture barrier over it like most other phones so sweat can get in and corrode the parts inside.

Next was the slowdown, it would take 10 minutes to turn the phone on after a reset and get anything running, he explained that basically what happened was due to the corosion it constantly had buttons being pressed according to the software so it was slowing it down significantly.

Anywho, I got a new one and am glad to have my precious speed back, hopefully Ill keep an eye out on where I put it when im sweaty

Old 05-25-2009, 01:44 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Re: Just got back from the sprint store getting TP replaced AGAIN Kind of a big story

Hmmm, I wonder if thats why my keyboared is having a mind of its own all of a sudden. I am on my second pro, the first I had replaced because of the rainbow effect but the sad part is it started to do it again on the new one I got. So I decided to just put up with it now my keyboared doesn't want to work half the time. I really love my pro but I am really starting to think that htc really f'd up on this one.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP
Re: Just got back from the sprint store getting TP replaced AGAIN Kind of a big story

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Hmmm, I wonder if thats why my keyboared is having a mind of its own all of a sudden. I am on my second pro, the first I had replaced because of the rainbow effect but the sad part is it started to do it again on the new one I got. So I decided to just put up with it now my keyboared doesn't want to work half the time. I really love my pro but I am really starting to think that htc really f'd up on this one.
yeah i am about to give up on the TP.. i've got my 1st one when it came out last year but i am now on my 4th one. I took it in to a repair center last week due to rainbow screen and retarded keyboard. they replaced my screen, i didn't think they could do that, but didn't fix my keyboard. The replacement screen is so loose it is annoying and i didn't realize that my kb wasn't fixed until the next day...

i am really thinking about holding on until the tp2 comes out this way i will have something to complain about to sprint and hopefully they will send me a tp2 at no charge... but i don't i will be able to withstand this kb until then though...
I85 Nextel--> LG VX6000--> Moto V710--> Motorola Razr V3c unlocked alltel--> Razr V3c Verizon Red UI--> Motorola e815--> HTC 6700--> Motorola Q--> HTC Mogul--> HTC TOUCH--> Blackberry Pearl--> Blackberry Curve--> Treo 800w--> HTC Touch Diamond--> HTC Touch Pro--> Blackberry TOUR--> HTC Touch Pro 2
Old 05-25-2009, 02:45 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It's crazy how some people are having so many problems with their TP's and others are not.... I'm still on my first TP... got it from BestBuy when it first came out and I've had ZERO problems with it.... Possibly a bad batch floating around?
Old 05-25-2009, 03:03 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy8813 View Post
yeah i am about to give up on the TP.. i've got my 1st one when it came out last year but i am now on my 4th one. I took it in to a repair center last week due to rainbow screen and retarded keyboard. they replaced my screen, i didn't think they could do that, but didn't fix my keyboard. The replacement screen is so loose it is annoying and i didn't realize that my kb wasn't fixed until the next day...

i am really thinking about holding on until the tp2 comes out this way i will have something to complain about to sprint and hopefully they will send me a tp2 at no charge... but i don't i will be able to withstand this kb until then though...
Yeah, I forgot to also mention that my screen is loose as hell too. I probably wont complain to much when the tp2 comes out, I may just buy it out right and sell my pro to offset the cost of the tp2. The reason why I won't complain to sprint is because they replaced both my moguls with a diamond and a pro at no charge to me at all(they offered, I didn't even have to ask) plus I didn't even have to extend my contract. So I don't mind "scratching sprints back" by paying full pop since they been "scratching my back" when I had my 6700's, 6800's and my diamond and pro.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PRE & Touch PRO2, but now Evo

dutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

No problems for me either, at least for the first 6 months. Then the send and receive buttons alsodied. Got it replaced under warranty.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:10 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i'm expecting #6 tomorrow.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO LTE
Carrier: Sprint SERO

kimogent is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Yeah, I forgot to also mention that my screen is loose as hell too. I probably wont complain to much when the tp2 comes out, I may just buy it out right and sell my pro to offset the cost of the tp2. The reason why I won't complain to sprint is because they replaced both my moguls with a diamond and a pro at no charge to me at all(they offered, I didn't even have to ask) plus I didn't even have to extend my contract. So I don't mind "scratching sprints back" by paying full pop since they been "scratching my back" when I had my 6700's, 6800's and my diamond and pro.

good point! alot of people ALWAYS expect the free upgrade to a new device.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:18 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

its sad to hear bout your bad luck but i too want tp2 hope those problems are gone by then
Old 05-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Giovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Giovanny
Thumbs up Re: Just got back from the sprint store getting TP replaced AGAIN Kind of a big story

Interesting feed back!! thanks.

Giovanny

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro