PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 03:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Eirikr88 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Just got back from the sprint store getting TP replaced AGAIN Kind of a big story

Im on my first TP, which i got back in November, after buying the mogul in may. I did raise hell with sprint about my mogul and was given the TP as compensation which was nice. I havent noticed huge slow down problems until lately and unresponsiveness in buttons and the keyboard going haywire. Myself i have to take it up cause now the vibrating unit has gone nuts with rattling inside the case. To be honest, if they should issue me a new one, i may activate my old Moto Q and sell it with all my stuff. Then either buy a Pre or wait to see what apple and att may be cooking up later in june
Old 05-25-2009, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

lxChicoxl is just getting started
Re: Just got back from the sprint store getting TP replaced AGAIN Kind of a big story

Wow I am having issues with my keyboard screen! I hold my phone normal with out sliding the keyboard but it automatic just get this screen! The phone is working fine and I was told that maybe the keyboard sensor is going bad? well I want to wipe my cell phone clear from all the ROMS I have flash and put it back to stock before I take it to the tech. I am wondering will the tech know that I have unlock my cell? I want to return it to sprint and get a new one cause I just got this phone about 2 months ago and now I am having this issue. So what should I do? I notice everyone's issues and to whom posted this thread I am having the similar issues like you. So can you explain what did you do before you took it to the store?

Thank you
Old 05-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxChicoxl View Post
Wow I am having issues with my keyboard screen! I hold my phone normal with out sliding the keyboard but it automatic just get this screen! The phone is working fine and I was told that maybe the keyboard sensor is going bad? well I want to wipe my cell phone clear from all the ROMS I have flash and put it back to stock before I take it to the tech. I am wondering will the tech know that I have unlock my cell? I want to return it to sprint and get a new one cause I just got this phone about 2 months ago and now I am having this issue. So what should I do? I notice everyone's issues and to whom posted this thread I am having the similar issues like you. So can you explain what did you do before you took it to the store?

Thank you
When I took my phone back I left it as is (unlocked with custom rom flashed) and I didn't have a problem at all but I would still suggest that you flash it back stock and run the relocker.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

lxChicoxl is just getting started

anyone know's the link to the stock rom for Sprint touch pro?
Old 05-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

never heard of the corrosion issues as of yet. but i guess its the kind of issue that would only start to manifest after this point in the life of a device...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 05-25-2009, 06:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Mogul had problems so they got the touch pro hoping it fixes the problems. The touch pro is having problems so they think the touch pro 2 will fix the problems.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

LOL it's a vicious cycle
Old 05-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Well I think its different, the mogul in my opinion was a well put together solid phone its main draw back was the lack of ram that it came with. The touch pro has the power to accomplish alot but the build quality is very questionable. They should keep what works and add to it not just fix the memory then introduce a poorly built phone. Even though the tp2 is basically the same as the tp, I think the build quality will be alot better and thats the main reason why I will get the tp2.

Last edited by themuffinman; 05-25-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Giovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Giovanny

Well I think the most solid phone was the Apache!! that unit could fall off the first floor and still work.

Giovanny
Old 05-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74
Talking Re: Just got back from the sprint store getting TP replaced AGAIN Kind of a big story

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy8813 View Post
yeah i am about to give up on the TP.. i've got my 1st one when it came out last year but i am now on my 4th one. I took it in to a repair center last week due to rainbow screen and retarded keyboard. they replaced my screen, i didn't think they could do that, but didn't fix my keyboard. The replacement screen is so loose it is annoying and i didn't realize that my kb wasn't fixed until the next day...

i am really thinking about holding on until the tp2 comes out this way i will have something to complain about to sprint and hopefully they will send me a tp2 at no charge... but i don't i will be able to withstand this kb until then though...
I am on my 3rd TP myself, but still think it is one of the best phones out there! I will not be going to the Palm Pre probably every. My 1st TP went out after my 16month old son hit every single key at the same time, and totally fried the phone, my 2nd went out when I got a virus that completely fried all the software on the phone, my third has had nor problems, and I have dropped it several times from at least 3 ft up.

BadBoy I see you list all your previous phones, I sincerely hope you recycle your old phones, so they don't just go to waste. America is 5% of the Earth's population, and 33% of the Earth's pollution. A major factor in this is because we average buying new technology every 6 months! I am holding onto my TP until it falls apart. peace-br

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro