PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   problem returning to stock after energy rom (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69676)

dee91 05-25-2009 12:38 PM

problem returning to stock after energy rom

ok basically i flashed the energy rom yesterday it was nice very cool design etc but when i flashed afterwards the star rom and then even the dumped stock rom and now again the starrom and obviously i hard reset after every flash, yet i couldnt get rid of the first screen that pops up on start up the second you startup, it usually says touch pro, but instead on the nrgrom it brings up his wallpaper fromhis theme and throughout all my flashing it just never reverted back to the touch pro screen so i still get thatwallpaper, how do i get rid of that? and how do i make sure im rid of all the other junk left after each flash of a rom thanks in advance

BRIVERS73 05-25-2009 12:40 PM

Re: problem returning to stock after energy rom

Try Start/Settings/System & perform a clear storage

EDIT: Do so by entering in 1234 in the rectangle box and clicking yes

dee91 05-25-2009 01:03 PM

like i said i harrd reset after every flash i have done clear storage a few times, it doesnt help i also flashed dumped stock rom yet i still get that screen from the nrgrom at startup??

rezn 05-25-2009 01:20 PM

It is the splash screen.. you have to do a search. In the energy ROM post there is a reply that addresses this issue.

junior1234 05-25-2009 02:50 PM

I believe you have to flash to a shipped stock rom and then flash your new custom over it:mrgreen:

Devilstrider 05-25-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junior1234 (Post 934606)
I believe you have to flash to a shipped stock rom and then flash your new custom over it:mrgreen:

Yep. Thats what i had to do. But im back on the energy rom. I love it and its a beast.

lxChicoxl 05-25-2009 04:05 PM

where's the original stock rom in here? I am also having the same issue but I also posted that I might be having a hard ware issue too? anyways I just need to put the stock rom back maybe it will fix my little issue of keyboard??? its worth a try like someone posted on my post earlier

dee91 05-25-2009 04:38 PM

thanks will give it a go,

1 more thing if i flash the shipped rom will it relock my phone?

dee91 05-25-2009 04:39 PM

also thank u all for your help i really appreciate it,...

thanks again

BRIVERS73 05-25-2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lxChicoxl (Post 934719)
where's the original stock rom in here? I am also having the same issue but I also posted that I might be having a hard ware issue too? anyways I just need to put the stock rom back maybe it will fix my little issue of keyboard??? its worth a try like someone posted on my post earlier

Sprint Shipped ROM