PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 10:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

lxChicoxl is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Touch pro need help

Hello

I been flashing ROMS for like 2 months now and this has never happen before but this started yesterday! The phone is being very stupid! I hold the cell phone normal with out sliding the keyboard and out of no where it changes back to keyboard screen and I can not change it back! I soft reset and also hard reset and nothing is working! So I need some favors and please just help me cause I am not having a good day today!

1) I need a keyboard cab cause the ROM one sucks!!

2)I was wondering if I can just wipe out all the data from my cell memory and clear it all out and re flash the rom maybe this will kill the bugs I am having now? dont know but I would like to know how I can clear my cell phone to nothing and re flash the rom!

3)or is there a cab for the sliding keyboard back and forward so the cell can ID it so this problem can be solve?

4) I need the voice command cab.

5)I need the volume control cab so I can manually turn my cell on and off.

thats about it I think? anyways thank you for all your help in advance and hope I hear from someone soon.

Thank you
Chico
Old 05-25-2009, 10:13 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Touch pro need help

For some strange reason, I dont believe that its the phone being stupid.
Go to start/settings/system/clear storage to restore back to roms original settings.
If that doesnt work, i would go with a new rom.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I done that 3 times already and it still acts stupid!!
Old 05-25-2009, 12:25 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Done what?? What rom are you using?
Old 05-25-2009, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I am using the SSS rom now! I just re-flash the updated version now and it still does it! The phone started doing it after I flash the ATR3 rom yesterday! I also notice that everytime I flash a new rom the ATR3 loading theme comes on and then the new flash screen comes after. Very weird? I was just told by DECK the designer of SSS that this sounds like a hardware issue?? I am concern now cause I will have to lock to original stock and flash the original rom but do not know how this can be done lol man this is crazy and I am just laughing cause if this cell is having hardware issues then I wil have to ask how to lock and reload to stock so I can return it to sprint lol.....

Well any help from anyone is really appriciated here!!

Thank you
Old 05-25-2009, 02:25 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc

Why dont you try loading the stock rom back on. You can find it in the sticky section in the touch pro upgrade section. You dont have to re-lock your phone yet, just flash the stock back on first. See if that clears up anything. Just to be safe, take out your memory card before you flash the rom, just in case its causing some kind of wierd issue.
Give it a shot, if that doesnt work it could be a hardware issue. maybe your keyboard open sensor is busted.
Let me know how it works out.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Giovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Giovanny
Smile Re: Touch pro need help

+1 to post #6. Most of the time flashing back to original fixes a lot of bugs and then flash back to the ROM you like.

Giovanny
Old 05-25-2009, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

aight peeps going to flash to the original rom then and I will update everyone if this worked or not? thanks for your help.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Giovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Giovanny

Did it work??
Old 05-25-2009, 07:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxChicoxl View Post
aight peeps going to flash to the original rom then and I will update everyone if this worked or not? thanks for your help.
make sure you flash the stock "Shipped" rom, not the "Dumped" rom. The dumped rom will not replace the ATR boot splash.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro